Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Media Usage Rights Acquisition-Can't play my music

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dconant1

dconant1

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:18 PM

I had purchased a lot of music for my laptop. Then I had to completely reformat the drive and saved all my music to an external hard drive. I've now reloaded the music on my laptop and when I try to play it a message box comes up saying MEDIA USAGE RIGHTS ACQUISITION. The box stays open forever indicating that it supposedly is downloading those rights but it never happens. Oh, and I have Windows Media Player 11 with all the updates and read that software downloads the rights automatically but it doesn't. How can I download those rights? In my saved docs also I found a file named License Backup with three files (DRMV2LIC.BAK .. DRMV2KEY.BAK ... DRMV1KEY.BAK) which will not open. I believe the license rights that I received with the songs are in that file. How can I open that? dconant1

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:19 AM

I can only think of 1 possible given your situation, I assume your using WMP to play the files ?
Best advice I can offer is to help it do what it is apparently trying to do, so get and run WMP DRM Wizard, it is a specific tool along these lines that is supposed to update your licences.
The box you mention appears to be attempting to open a web page that has a licence to allow you to play it, but for what ever reason it doesn't seem to open the page, but this tool allows you to deal with the entire library in one go rather than each song as you play it, but of course to do this effectively your entire library needs to be associated with WMP, you can run it again from within WMP at a future date, but for a 1st run it's best to do it all in one go, but this may take a while depending on the speed of your system, and the size of your library, so give it a chance to work, hope this helps.

Braindead