This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Need Help

8 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Micah, The last round was a little rough. I couldn't get into DOS through the Run menue for some reason. I was able to get the DOS promt going through Assesories though. The first DOS command didnt't work so I went on to step two. That command didn't seem to do anything at first but I ran Trend- Micro twice and came up clean, so I guess it was a success. (Don't you just love it when a plan comes together!) The only other question I have is about spy bot. When I boot up in the morning spybot flashes five or six text boxes up that indicate changes to the registry are being made. I always accept the changes. Is that the correct thing to do? Should I be woried about the messages? I can't thank you enough for all of your help! :) It is really a privilege to meet people like you. (even if it is just in cyberspace) :) :) :thumbup:
Spybot is a "legit" and trusted program. If it is making changes to the registry, then they are OK. If you have some registry monitoring program running, maybe you can configure it to accept changes made by Spybot without asking, or maybe you can change the startup sequence so Spybot runs first, then the other program. :)
Ok thanks Micah! :) Guess I'll sign off for now unless we need to address anything else. Hope to talk to again. (But hopefully on a lighter subject) :)
I am glad that we were able to help! I am closing this topic now, but if you need it reopened, please send an email to the following link(Click for address) with the Subject line of the email "Reopen".
To receive a response, please include in your email: the user name used in the post, details of why you need it reopened, and a valid link to the post.

Emails with bad links to the post, emails that are not from the original poster, and emails that do not have "ReOpen" as the subject line, will be deleted without being opening.

Please start a New Topic if this is not your thread. Thank-you for your co-operation.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI