D3luxe
Topic Starter
About a month ago I built a new computer:
Q9550 @ 2.83ghz
4gb Corsair DDR2 800mhz Ram
GTX275 896mb Video
Gigabyte EP45-UD3L mobo
Windows 7 Build 7600
I've had the built in CPU/Ram watcher running so I can watch the cpu and ram usages, and the last couple days I've noticed my CPU usage is at 50+%, usually all the time. If I restart the computer then it goes back to normal, but always comes back. Task Manager doesn't report anything using more than 1-2%, so it shouldn't be near 50%. At the time of this post it's been hovering between 50% and 55% usage.
Here's my HJT log
Note: I am aware uTorrent is on my machine and is a P2P networking program. I generally only torrent backups from my other computer, so that shouldn't be a problem. Plus, I've been doing this for a couple of years on various machines and never had this CPU problem.
EDIT: I ran the Resource Monitor from Windows 7 and found out that the svchost.exe is causing high CPU..Now I just need to find the program which is being held by the svchost which is causing it to run so high.
Q9550 @ 2.83ghz
4gb Corsair DDR2 800mhz Ram
GTX275 896mb Video
Gigabyte EP45-UD3L mobo
Windows 7 Build 7600
I've had the built in CPU/Ram watcher running so I can watch the cpu and ram usages, and the last couple days I've noticed my CPU usage is at 50+%, usually all the time. If I restart the computer then it goes back to normal, but always comes back. Task Manager doesn't report anything using more than 1-2%, so it shouldn't be near 50%. At the time of this post it's been hovering between 50% and 55% usage.
Here's my HJT log
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 7:09:46 PM, on 8/2/2009
Platform: Unknown Windows (WinNT 6.01.3504)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.7600.16385)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Program Files\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe
C:\Windows\Speech\Common\sapisvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Rockstar Games Social Club\1_1_3_0\RGSC.exe
C:\Windows\System32\mobsync.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jucheck.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
D:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = [url="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896"]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896[/url]
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = [url="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157"]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157[/url]
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = [url="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157"]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157[/url]
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = [url="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896"]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896[/url]
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = [url="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896"]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896[/url]
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = [url="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157"]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157[/url]
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: DeviceVM Url Search Hook - {0063BF63-BFFF-4B8F-9D26-4267DF7F17DD} - C:\Windows\System32\dvmurl.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PWRISOVM.EXE] C:\Program Files\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [uTorrent] "C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RGSC] C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Rockstar Games Social Club\RGSCLauncher.exe /silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Speech Recognition] "C:\Windows\Speech\Common\sapisvr.exe" -SpeechUX -Startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - Global Startup: NETGEAR WPN111 Smart Wizard.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - [url="http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab"]http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab[/url]
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: avgrsstx.dll
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
O23 - Service: GEST Service for program management. (GEST Service) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\GIGABYTE\EnergySaver\GSvr.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
O23 - Service: PnkBstrB - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrB.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Driver Service (Stereo Service) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvSCPAPISvr.exe
–
End of file - 5155 bytes
Note: I am aware uTorrent is on my machine and is a P2P networking program. I generally only torrent backups from my other computer, so that shouldn't be a problem. Plus, I've been doing this for a couple of years on various machines and never had this CPU problem.
EDIT: I ran the Resource Monitor from Windows 7 and found out that the svchost.exe is causing high CPU..Now I just need to find the program which is being held by the svchost which is causing it to run so high.