uchkur
Topic Starter
Hello
2 years ago the guy that reinstalled my windows decided to install bitdefender on it
I removed it within the first days and installed another anti virus
It has been bugging me few months ago but I didn't care much about it… anyhow i noticed that in the event viewer every day there is an error about the 2 mentioned strings in the topic title:
"The REGSpy service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the path specified."
I believe this is because of not a complete uninstall of bitdefender
Was searching in the registry and found
Is it safe to delete these traces? Will the errors in the even viewer stop?
P.S. sorry if this is not the right section but I had no idea where to post it
2 years ago the guy that reinstalled my windows decided to install bitdefender on it
I removed it within the first days and installed another anti virus
It has been bugging me few months ago but I didn't care much about it… anyhow i noticed that in the event viewer every day there is an error about the 2 mentioned strings in the topic title:
"The REGSpy service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the path specified."
I believe this is because of not a complete uninstall of bitdefender
Was searching in the registry and found
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_REGSPY] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_REGSPY\0000] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_REGSPY\0000] "Service"="REGSpy" "DeviceDesc"="REGSpy" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_REGSPY\0000\Control] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\REGSpy] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\REGSpy] ; Contents of value: ; \??\C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender8\regspy.sys "ImagePath"=hex(2):5c,00,3f,00,3f,00,5c,00,43,00,3a,00,5c,00,50,00,72,00,6f,00,\ 67,00,72,00,61,00,6d,00,20,00,46,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,73,00,5c,00,53,00,6f,\ 00,66,00,74,00,77,00,69,00,6e,00,5c,00,42,00,69,00,74,00,44,00,65,00,66,00,\ 65,00,6e,00,64,00,65,00,72,00,38,00,5c,00,72,00,65,00,67,00,73,00,70,00,79,\ 00,2e,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,00,00 "DisplayName"="REGSpy" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\REGSpy\Security] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\REGSpy\Enum] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\REGSpy\Enum] "0"="Root\\LEGACY_REGSPY\\0000" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_REGSPY] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_REGSPY\0000] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_REGSPY\0000] "Service"="REGSpy" "DeviceDesc"="REGSpy" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\REGSpy] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\REGSpy] ; Contents of value: ; \??\C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender8\regspy.sys "ImagePath"=hex(2):5c,00,3f,00,3f,00,5c,00,43,00,3a,00,5c,00,50,00,72,00,6f,00,\ 67,00,72,00,61,00,6d,00,20,00,46,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,73,00,5c,00,53,00,6f,\ 00,66,00,74,00,77,00,69,00,6e,00,5c,00,42,00,69,00,74,00,44,00,65,00,66,00,\ 65,00,6e,00,64,00,65,00,72,00,38,00,5c,00,72,00,65,00,67,00,73,00,70,00,79,\ 00,2e,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,00,00 "DisplayName"="REGSpy" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\REGSpy\Security] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_REGSPY] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_REGSPY\0000] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_REGSPY\0000] "Service"="REGSpy" "DeviceDesc"="REGSpy" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_REGSPY\0000\Control] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\REGSpy] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\REGSpy] ; Contents of value: ; \??\C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender8\regspy.sys "ImagePath"=hex(2):5c,00,3f,00,3f,00,5c,00,43,00,3a,00,5c,00,50,00,72,00,6f,00,\ 67,00,72,00,61,00,6d,00,20,00,46,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,73,00,5c,00,53,00,6f,\ 00,66,00,74,00,77,00,69,00,6e,00,5c,00,42,00,69,00,74,00,44,00,65,00,66,00,\ 65,00,6e,00,64,00,65,00,72,00,38,00,5c,00,72,00,65,00,67,00,73,00,70,00,79,\ 00,2e,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,00,00 "DisplayName"="REGSpy" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\REGSpy\Security] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\REGSpy\Enum] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\REGSpy\Enum] "0"="Root\\LEGACY_REGSPY\\0000"
Is it safe to delete these traces? Will the errors in the even viewer stop?
P.S. sorry if this is not the right section but I had no idea where to post it