This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Emails with video links

11 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ron, You are known to be a careful and conscientious computer user and Internet citizen. I did not mean to besmearch your reputation in my general comments above. It can happen to the most careful of us. Be well, my friend. Doug
Hi Ron

Well, not going to insist, but rather give a firm advice to go visit the malware guys.

I quote:

I would like to seek help regarding a virus that i saw from my friend's pc, so heres the story. He formatted the said pc and installed drivers needed for it and copy pasted some programs from a flash drive. and then suddenly when he started to restart the pc a window appeared with a title "Data Execution Prevention" pointing to Windows Explorer, then a send error report pops out, and after this the internet becomes slow until it stops totally. We tried pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del and we saw a "Project1" in the applications tab being turned off and turned on, this project1 has an icon of a red devil smiley with 2 horns on its head. I was going to install a HJT on his pc tomorrow but i figured maybe i could get some help here before i do that. so if anyone is willing to help we'll be most certainly be glad because we really can't fix this problem


Cut from here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums
/topic186747.html


That devil smiley thing with horns, sounds a lot like your desktop looks ;)

Besides, what you got to loose by having a checkup? On the contrary, you can win peace of mind and re-assurance, perhaps a clean machine too. I have always hated the idea, the couple of times I have experienced being infected, that someone out there eavesdropped on what I was doing. It was like having a burglar in the house, stealing everything right under my nose. :smack:

But as Doug said, your machine, your choice ;)


Cheers Ron :popcorn:
Doug & Abydos;….

Doug:..

I did not mean to besmearch your reputation in my general comments above.

You did NOT!!!…Everythings cool…My comments were JUST to enlighten you….

Doug & Abydos;…

Well, not going to insist, but rather give a firm advice to go visit the malware guys.

Wellll, thats 2 for 2….So I'll see ya in the Malware thread….THANK you BOTH….

.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI