This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Please help me remove win32trojan.tdss

26 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ahh, I did confuse the two of you. I will finish up the rest of what you posted and post back when I'm done. Gracias!
Hey oldman! My computer is running great. Only a couple things of note, and they may not even be important. Revo can't get rid of Java 6 update 7, it doesn't even come up in the list of programs. The update 14 does show up, however. Secunia found 3 vulnerabilities: OpenOffice 2.3, Internet Explorer 8.x (fixed), and Adobe 9.x (fixed as far as I can tell). Secunia prompted me to download a later version of OpenOffice. The older version has to be uninstalled before the newer version will install. For some reason it won't uninstall. Sun's installer can't remove it, I can't get rid of it through the add/remove programs list, and revo can't seem to get rid of it, either. Got any ideas, or are there any other uninstall tools you'd recommend? Thanks man! Did I mention my computer is running GREAT?
Hi lucky_1_chris,

I'm better at getting critters out than legit programs, so I would probably botch it. It is possible that the Java and Open Office uninstall problems are related. Since your computer is running great, I'll refer you the good folks in another part of the forum. They do this all the time and a very qualified.

Here's a link to the Open Source forum

When you post there, give them a link to this thread.

Good luck, I'll keep an eye on your new thread and see what they come up with.
Will do. Your help has been greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your time and patience in helping me get this computer cleaned out. We took your advice about the rootkit having been present, and closed and reopened our bank accounts, as well as changed CC/Debit card numbers. Judging by the dates (19th) on some of the new 'programs' installed, my wife had done some online banking AFTER the initial infection happened. I would never have thought to go that far on my own. I can't say thank you enough. You have been a blessing. Thank you. I will be donating to this fine site as soon as my new numbers are in and set up. :)
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI