This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Our web searches are being redirected

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am new to the forum. Came to it through a Google search on my MAC while trying to fix our Dell laptop that is now having it's web searches redirected. Some other pages as well. Home page still OK. I have run Norton's program, Malwarebyte's anti-malware program, CWshredder, PC Tools antivirus, and Hijack this without luck in removing. I have read many recommendations, none seem to help including using Safe Mode, etc. You folks seem to be very knowledgeable and I hope you can help me to avoid a reformat and new instillation. Thank you
During my wait for an expert user reply, I read through many of the prior posts and responses. I downloaded several of the recommended programs and followed their instructions and thus far have had success in removing the infection and keeping it contained. Thank you to all the experts, without your guidance, could not have done it. Now have my spouse using Firefox and running several protection programs. Thanks much :thumbup:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI