This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware found "Rogue.WinAntiVirus"

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just got everything clean on this system recently. I've got Avast! running and just scanned with AdAware and Spybot with AdAware finding only cookies. But when I scanned with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware it found 2 registry key entries for "Rogue.WinAntiVirus". I let it delete them but since I thought I had been cautious, I was surprised to see these 2 things turn up. Is this something I need to address further? Here's the Malwarebytes log: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.38 Database version: 2373 Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 7/14/2009 9:12:46 PM mbam-log-2009-07-14 (21-12-46).txt Scan type: Quick Scan Objects scanned: 120013 Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 20 second(s) Memory Processes Infected: 0 Memory Modules Infected: 0 Registry Keys Infected: 2 Registry Values Infected: 0 Registry Data Items Infected: 0 Folders Infected: 0 Files Infected: 0 Memory Processes Infected: (No malicious items detected) Memory Modules Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Keys Infected: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{00000162-9980-0010-8000-00aa00389b71} (Rogue.WinAntiVirus) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Code Store Database\Distribution Units\{00000162-9980-0010-8000-00aa00389b71} (Rogue.WinAntiVirus) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully. Registry Values Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Data Items Infected: (No malicious items detected) Folders Infected: (No malicious items detected) Files Infected: (No malicious items detected)
Take a read through this and then start a fresh thread in this forum and post a HJT log, and a brief description of your problem, and somebody will be along as soon as.
Helpers look for posts with zero replies which is why you need to start afresh and why i'll lock this one.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI