This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] TROJANDOWNLOADER:WIN32/RENOS.IO

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My name is Dakota. I have a Trojandownloader:WIN32/Renos.IO on my computer. I tried running HiJackThis and it will not work (clicked on Icon and nothing happens). The only thing I can get to work on my computer is AOL. Internet Explorer or other things on my desktop will not work. I tried to download mcafee and it would not work. I downloaded Malwarebytes and Spydoctor and i tried spyhunter and nothing will work (when I say work, i mean I click on the icons and nothing will come up). I tried to system restore and that would not work either. It kept coming up with an error message. Please help me thank you!
Hi msladyduckie,

:welcome:

My name is Tomk. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. HijackThis logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:

  • I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

Please see if these tools will run:

Download Rooter.exe to your desktop

  • Then doubleclick it to start the tool
  • A Notepad file containing the report will open, also found at %systemdrive%\Rooter.txt. Post that here

Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.
    • DDS.scr
    • DDS.pif
  • Disable any script blocking protection (How to Disable your Security Programs)
  • Double click DDS icon to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run)
  • When done, DDS.txt will open.
  • After a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.
  • Save both reports to your desktop.
—————————————————
  • Post the contents of the DDS.txt report in your next reply
  • Attach the Attach.txt report to your post by scroling down to the Attachments area and then clicking Browse. Browse to where you saved the file, and click Open and the click UPLOAD.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI