KDM8019
Topic Starter
Hi everyone,
I am 30 and an accountant. My wife has a web business that she runs from our home computer. We recently installed McAfees on it and two weeks later on the 4th of July we have contracted a major Malware/Scareware virus on our computer. It is the "Antivirus System Pro 2009" animal that completely took over my computer and has been driving me to drink ever since.
It disabled my control panel system restore. It disabled my regedit function. It corrupted McAfee. And it corrupted my Safe Mode. I am sure it did more than this, but it is all I have noticed so far.
It would not allow any searches on the internet (blank screen appears). It will not allow me to run MBAM.
The only program that was able to run and stop some of the bleeding was Spyware Doctor by PC Tools which I am not thrilled with.
Now I am left with a system that freezes regularly and gives me DLL errors upon logging in. I was able to re enable Restore (No restore points left) and Regedit. I removed mcafees.
My game plan tonight if it lets me was to go home
1. load Avast! and scan
2. load Abexo Registry cleaner and run
3. load install and scan with superantispyware
4. try again to load install and scan with MBAM
5. Install a freeware firewall
6. Cross my fingers and hope all is well. and throw the Mcafees disk in the recycle bin in the garage.
Does anyone here have a better plan for me, should I not attempt my war plan and go directly to a highjack this thread?
Oh and by the way thanks for having me
Any advice for me would be appreciated.
Thanks