Just discovered a link and recommendation at another site, then read a bit.
Presently have it attached.
It definitely caught my attention that I had scores of Local Shared Objects, LSO, dating back a few years in duration some from sites I remember browsing, others no clue what they are, still others annoying reminders of some spammie thing I was investigating and thought I had deleted with ATF-cleaner or CleanUP! 4.52 or Windows Disk Cleanup…. Not so.
When I asked about this in the Mozillazine forums, Philip Chee (developer) said: BetterPrivacy is a fork of Objection so if your using Objection then it's unlikely BetterPrivacy will do you any good.
BetterPrivacy may be based on Objection but it has more options unlike Objection.For an example one needs to manually remove the LSO s using Objection but with BetterPrivacy can be configured to automatically clearing up all LSO s when the browser is closed .
Just discovered a link and recommendation at another site, then read a bit.
Presently have it attached.
It definitely caught my attention that I had scores of Local Shared Objects, LSO, dating back a few years in duration some from sites I remember browsing, others no clue what they are, still others annoying reminders of some spammie thing I was investigating and thought I had deleted with ATF-cleaner or CleanUP! 4.52 or Windows Disk Cleanup…. Not so.
I'll be test driving this add-on.
Are others of you already using it?
Hi Doug,
So, I was just wondering if you had any opinions to put to post.
Have you found the add-on useful?
Are there any settings that we should be aware of ?
I am satisfied with use of BetterPrivacy add-on.
It tends to identify quite a large number of LSO items and deletes them quickly when exiting Firefox.
It has not interfered with internet performance.
It seems to be one of those things that I might not have known about, unless reading about it, because there is no "symptom" of burden or corruption that it has removed for me as yet. I suppose it is possible, and I suppose that my browsing is just a bit more secure now.
Better Privacy Help for anyone considering this Firefox add-on.
I would recommend a quick browse over the help page prior to making your decision.
Does anyone know how true the following statement is?
For those that have NoScript, you will need to uncheck the Embeddings > Forbid other plugins setting.
This can be found in Tools > Add-ons then scroll to NoScript and click on Options