This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Old Hard Drive connected using Cable System pin

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I hooked up my old hard drive to new computer in order to recover my old data files and I see a lot of files under the new drive "F". I do not see a file "Documents". Where do I look? Thanks.
That will depend on your folder titles, eg specific user account names etc, but generally speaking it should be in F:\Documents and Settings\User Name, but in simple terms just go into each folder in turn and you will start to see the usual file system, so you should see a windows folder and a programs folder etc, of course this assumes it was a drive with an OS installed on it, so you should see it soon enough, hope that helps.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI