This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Ooops! I think I'm infected.

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I've been running XP Pro on my desktop (which I recently reformatted due to 'other concerns') and Vista on my laptop, which has appeared to be fine since new (about a year and a half ago)…..so I was a happy camper. Now, I've got grief……similar to what I see others mentioning, involving Windows Defender popping up saying I've got Trojan problems……..which, of course, I say REMOVE……and, it doesn't. I believe this is occurring on the desktop (although it's sometimes hard to tell cause I'm running Remote Desktop on my laptop upstairs and the desktop is down in the basement…..where I try not to go too often. I have the same weird symptom I see others have (http://forums.whatthetech.com/please_help_t103908.html) where my computer will start playing weird, unprovoked audio when it's just sitting there by itself, doing nothing. Suddenly, music, or a voice over from a video I watched YESTERDAY, and isn't even open in a window now!!! Weird, wild stuff, as Johnny Carson used to say. Hoping for some help. Thanks, guys. Michael