Hello all. I recently came across a post that was misplaced and thought about reporting it. However, that is when I noticed that there is no option to report a post, at least I couldn't find one. Can we have a small report button at the bottom of every post so that users can report threads / posts which might be lost in the usual onslaught of threads. I don't know if the Forum software supports this or not so ignore my suggestion if it doesn't.
Sorry if I am being too picky.
– Mohit
Good idea.
It has been asked for many times.
We have considered it many times.
We have declined to make it available for a variety of reasons, at least for the time being.
Best Regards
There are two reasons we don't offer a report button. First is mostly a limitation for the forum software (Invision). When someone reports a post the forum software sends a PM or email to ALL the moderators. Which in itself wouldn't be so bad, except all staff members here have some moderation permissions. So essentially a report would get sent to every staff member. There is a new version of the forum software coming out soon, with a MUCH improved reporting system. We'll likely revisit it then.
Second, report buttons are often abused on support sites like this. Instead of reporting posts that are explicit, spam, etc they are more often people reporting their post hasn't received a reply, or they have the same problem as the topic starter, etc.
We have a fairly large and active staff that do a good job of quickly catching offending posts. However, if you see one we missed, feel free to look to the bottom of the forum, find an admin or staff member online, and send them a message about it.