Mordimier
Topic Starter
Turns out the only thing that has stopped me to putting in my new processor is the fact that the heatsink fan that came with the processor can't sit properly. I had to remove the original manufacturer's processor cover and vent set up for the fan. Mind you this is for a Dell Dimension E521. Unfortunately I do not know the specific make for the motherboard. I don't know if it really matters in this case. I have the 4 screw holes that surround the socket for the processor. I figure this must be where you set up the retention bracket for the fan to sit. I've narrowed down my search to Retention bracket for AM2 Socket and it looks like it might be the one. I just needed a second opinion before I go ahead and buy it. Any suggestions for sites or any search engines that do a relative search to your PC? Thanks people!