This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Hijacked IE home page to fake Google site

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi. I found a similar thread in this forum, so I hoping you can help. Details of the issue: IE home page is set to fake Google site goggleonline.blogspot upon opening the application Running: Windows XP SP3 Windows firewall McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.5.0i - OAS enabled Upon discovery, I ran Spybot S&D, Malwarebyte Anti-Malware, and Kaspersky. Spybot found a few threats and eliminated them. Malwarebyte and Kaspersky found no threats. Just ran the ATF Cleaner. Google Chrome is not affected. I have not followed any links on the fake page or tried a search, so I don't know where they will direct me. I've attached the Malwarebytes report and the HijackThis report, and would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI