Each time when I boot up my computer, I noticed svchost.exe is using 99% of my CPU resources for probably like 3 minutes or so then everything will be back to normal. If I try to end that process my sound does not work anymore.
Thanks for helping
svchost is utilized for many network based tasks… So I would suspect something like that.
This is a common problem with Microsoft updates if it is installed. To remove it, open Internet Explorer and go to http://update.microsoft.com. If the webpage that comes up says welcome to Microsoft update, then on the left hand side find the "Change settings" option, click it, scroll down and select the option to quit using Microsoft updates. After removing Microsoft updates, restart your computer and see if you still have svchost issues. Microsoft update causes a lot of load on your computer for extended periods of time and it will show in svchost usage.
If the above webpage says "Welcome to WIndows Updates" instead, then you can ignore the above instructions.
If you don't have Microsoft updates installed, or if you continue to have problems after you remove microsoft updates as instructed above then turn your focus to your anti-virus software that is probably trying to do something when you turn your computer on. Overly bulky security programs like Norton Internet Security would probably be a likely candidate to cause problems like this.
Because svchost runs so many processes, I think you can safely ignore the fact that your sound stops working, but I could be wrong.