This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Broken LSP Chain?

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Melissa, Hello and welcome to WTT Forums. I followed your Malware Removal work over at SWBW. Since you have been given an "all clear", I will move your Topic Thread over to our Networking Forum where you can get the follow-up necessary. I'll leave a link that you can see here, to get to your new Thread location in Networking. Best Regards
Hi again Melissa,

There are several steps that may be useful and more than one may be necessary.
These steps are appropriate for Vista operating system

Here's the first set of steps to take:

Start button
type cmd in the Start search field
When CMD appears , don't run it but right click it and run as Administrator
Now (type)netsh winsock reset <– the spaces are necessary Press ENTER
Restart (reboot) you machine immediately without doing any other function at all before turning machine off and back on using the normal Vista shut down steps.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Let us know your results after this procedure.
Well, I did as you asked, lo & behold, the links I was trying to use in HP Total Care Advisor are now back up & running (although I realized it was saying the firewall was disabled because Norton has expired DOH! Norton is the Devil >.>) The problem here now is, I have NO idea what the "Broken LSP Chain" could have been affecting or what differences I'm supposed to notice now lol.
Are you now getting any Error messages? Or are you experiencing any problems with internet connection? Or any problems when general browsing or browsing to specific sites? Give it a bit of a test drive by visiting several sites that you are accustomed to using (including email) Post back with any Error messages or descriptions of difficulty. Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI