Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

aol contacts hacked

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 starwood

starwood

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:24 AM

Yesterday someone sent spam to everyone in my aol contacts list. I have run a virus scan and my computer does not seem to be infected. I changed my password. Is there anything else I can do? My son had the same problem with his yahoo account but he is using a Mac.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:27 AM

You need to scan with more than just an anti virus, there are many programs out there for finding infections, but your account isn't hacked, it is a widely misused term, what you have probably got is an infection that has been programmed to forward itself to everyone in your address book, this is how they often propagate, being new here I am wary of suggesting scans to run incase it make the pro's job harder, so I suggest going through the pinned threads in This section, if you are still not sure then it's maybe worth posting a log in the appropriate section, your son having a mac doesn't make him immune from infection, although it certainly narrows down the amount of risks to HIM considerably, but it doesn't mean he isn't infected, it just means the infections can't hurt his system, but that means he is in a false security in a way because although he is fine for the most part, he can easily forward infections to people he knows by mailing them etc, I was given a name of something that works for mac's the other year as I had a mate with a mac with the same problem, but I can't remember what it was now, if I remember I'll post back, hope this helps anyway.

Braindead