This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

HJT log can't attach

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Okay. First time poster. It seems simple enough to attach the log file to the post, but for some reason I can't get it to stick. When I try and attach the file I get teh following. "Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file." I'm just trying to upload the hijackthis.log gile. Any thoughts? My system is running painfully slow. I'm trying to clean the hard drive of any unnecessary junk. In particular I'd like to get rid of hte wildtangent software for starters, and anything else you might notice as being a resource hog.
Rather than trying to attach a file, simply copy and paste the contents of the log. Attachments have to be opened each time somebody wants to review information, so that method isn't popular. As Helpers look for threads with zero replies as a guide to who wants help, i'll lock this thread and you should start a fresh one. Post the HJT log and a brief description of your problems and somebody will be along as soon as.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI