punkinsmom
Topic Starter
This is an irritating little problem. Every time I boot up my desktop or restart, Windows Installer begins and Roxio updater tries to re-install. I have to start task manager and end the application. In my computer manager I have diabled any service to do with Roxio since I rarely use it. I really don't want to uninstall because once in awhile I do burn music CD's. What do I need to do?
Here are some of the vitals of my machine
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600) HP-Pavilion RX887AA-ABA a6030n
System Serial Number: CNX71202RW
Enclosure Type: Desktop
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2.50 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: ECS Nettle 1.0
Bus Clock: 201 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 5.03 03/02/2007
Drives Memory Modules c,d
400.09 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
175.54 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H20L [CD-ROM drive]
MITSUMI USB FDD 061M USB Device [Floppy drive]
Generic USB CF Reader USB Device [Hard drive] – drive 2
Generic USB MS Reader USB Device [Hard drive] – drive 4
Generic USB SD Reader USB Device [Hard drive] – drive 1
Generic USB SM Reader USB Device [Hard drive] – drive 3
ST980811 AS USB Device [Hard drive] (80.02 GB) – drive 5
WDC WD32 00AAJS-65RYA SCSI Disk Device (320.07 GB) – drive 0 3456 Megabytes Installed Memory
Slot 'A0' has 1024 MB
Slot 'A2' has 1024 MB
Slot 'A4' has 1024 MB
Slot 'A6' has 1024 MB
Local Drive Volumes
c: (NTFS on drive 0) 312.47 GB 156.22 GB free
d: (NTFS on drive 0) 7.60 GB 945 MB free
m: (NTFS on drive 5) 80.02 GB 18.37 GB free
Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Sherrie 