This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Need Help Bad - TR/Crypt.xpack.gen and others

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ok, so I have been reading some of the posts and figured I better post something before starting anything on my own. I have run the following: AVIRA - came up with the TR/crypt.xpack.gen SPYBOT S&D - came up with the PUPS (never heard of this) called FUN WEB PRODUCTS & MYWAY.MYWEBSEARCH and then it also came up with TROJANS called MY WEB SEARCH I try to "fix the problems" on the spybot and it will not fix it - it tells me I am not the administrator (even though I am). The AVIRA tells me that it fixed the problem but the TR/crypt.xpack.gen still comes up with the scan the next time. I did run the COMBOFIX and can attach it to a post (if someone tells me where to find it and what to do). Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance. :pullhair:

Ok, so I have been reading some of the posts and figured I better post something before starting anything on my own…

…I did run the COMBOFIX and can attach it to a post (if someone tells me where to find it and what to do)…

Sounds like you already did something not recommended on your own ;)

ComboFix report should be found in c:\ComboFix.txt file. Among it I want to see a couple of other logs.


Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here or here.
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.
  • When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop. Post them back to your topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI