This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

introducing myself

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi, I'm Wayne from England. I found this site searching google for a file that stopped my laptop when running mcafee virus scan. C:\windows\$hf_mig$\KB927802\spuninst.exe thought it seemed a bit dodgy after it did the same a second time and thought maybe I should ask for some advice! Got problems with my graphics as well, but that could just be hardware problems… look forward to seeing what I can find. Thanks
The big ugly one, :rofl:

:welcome: I just love a person that can laugh at themselves, shows a lot of character :D
Please read this: http://forums.whatthetech.com/Welcome_New_…ers_t34502.html
Then, please try your post here: HijackThis™ Logs and Infections Removal
Please remember to be patient, as it may take up to 5 days for an expert to respond, as they are very busy.
If for some reason you don't get a answer within 5 days, please post a gentle reminder here:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/What_Do_If_Y…931#entry406931

Thanks for the welcome Neo, :thumbup: Just an update, I ran the file in question through search and discovered it is a file added when I installed Service pack 3, maybe a bit more innocent than I first thought but still not sure why it made mcafee scan freeze up. I have added a post on the Notebook forum regarding my graphics, can I still put the Hijack this log in the correct forum even though I have another query open? Look forward to a reply Wayne
yes Wayne, You can post your HJT Log for analysis and removal of any malware critters, even though you have another open inquiry. Please know that we place Priority on the Malware Removal issue. It would make no sense for us to help with adjustments and settings that would again become corrupted if malware continued to be present and still doing its dirty deeds. Therefore, We will not respond with instructions in other inquiries….. until you are finished with your malware removal work. Please be patient. The Malware Removal folks are wonderful, but also awfully busy. Doug
Wayne,

You are in very good hands here, I am sure that with a little patience, you will receive all the help you need. B)
And Doug? Exellent response! Thanks for the help. Also for covering my back on that one :rofl: I learned something from that as well. You da-mannn. :thumbup:

:welcome: Wayne. Great place to have come to - sure you'll get all the help you need. While you're waiting, have a good look around the forum, there's lots to read and learn here. Good luck Satchfan