Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Hungapp errors

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 mgw7625

mgw7625

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:44 PM

sorry it took me so long to answer but I keep geting hungapp messages when trying to ger on the net using my laptop and my desktop is now crashing also. here are the screen shots.Attached File  network.ppt   93.5KB   5 downloads[

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 mgw7625

mgw7625

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:46 PM

I hope I uploaded thiese screenshots correctly for you. Please let me know if you can view. Thanks!!

#18 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:23 PM

Yes thanks, that is exactly what I wanted to see. It tells me you do not have Windows setup to manage your wireless network, which is what I would like you to do. It also says you need to start the Wireless Zero Configuration service. So ...
  • Click on Start then Run, type services.msc and press Enter or click on Go
  • Scroll down until you see Wireless Zero Configuration (near the bottom)
  • Double click on it to open it's Properties
  • Set Startup type to Automatic then click the Apply button
  • Now click on the Start button to start the service.
  • Click OK to close the Properties dialog then close the Services window
Now check to see if Windows is setup to manage your Wireless Network.
  • Open Network Connections.
  • Right click on Wireless Network Connection, select Properties.
  • Click the Wireless Networks tab and check the "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings" box.
  • Click OK.
  • Shutdown and reboot to have this take effect.
Now check Network Connections. It should look something like mine.

Look for a Wireless Network Icon in the System Tray part of the Taskbar (far right side). Right click on it and select View available networks. See if yours shows up there now.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#19 mgw7625

mgw7625

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:36 PM

I did what you said and in the middle of it my system hung. I managed to do a screen print before ending the session and getting an error message I had not seen before. This one said hunapp error for "ieplorer.exe" for version 6.something. The other hungapp errors were saying "iexplore.exe" for version 7 something. What is the differnce in the "iexplorer.exe" and the iexplore.exe hunapp errors and why was 6 shown as the version instead of 7? I could not get a screen shot of the error because I had to manually shut down and reboot. I did however, manage to get a screen shot of the wireless configurationchange that I was in the middle of doing before crashing. It looked like it worked (it was showing the Wireless Network Tab) until I rebooted and then then all went back to looking like it did before even though I did manage to hit the apply button before crashing. Also, I wa sbeing asked to provide a WPA Key...?? What is that?

Attached Files

#20 mgw7625

mgw7625

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:52 PM

Onne other question, if I may; when using Task Manager to try to end the nonresponsive IE session should I see duplicate sessions even thoug I olny have one window open? FYI --When the sessions are ended I don't get two MS error messages, only one.

#21 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:06 PM

WPA Key is the security phrase you setup in the router to secure it from unauthorized use, so you are using WPA encryption which is a good thing. Now that you switched to Windows managing your network connection, you need to tell it the WPA Key, just as you did when you set this up initially. What is the make and model number of your router? The Users Guide for it should tell you how to set it in the router in case you lost it or forgot what it is.

Rich

#22 mgw7625

mgw7625

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:13 PM

Hi, Reminder: I didn't set up my laptop so I no nothing in regards to the WPA key used for the initial set-up of my system I bought the laptop from co-worker who moved and I no longer know how to reach. I don't have the user manual to the router. Also, the switch to Windows to manage the wireless network did not take yesterday. Do you happen to know the answers to any of the questions I posed last night? Thanks!

#23 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:19 PM

What is the make and model number of the router? The manual is probably available online.

As for your previous questions:

What is the differnce in the "iexplorer.exe" and the iexplore.exe hunapp errors and why was 6 shown as the version instead of 7?

I don't know why you are getting one for IE6 and one for IE7 but I suspect that has something to do with your problem. It sounds like you have an incomplete install of IE7 and this may be the root of your problem.

when using Task Manager to try to end the nonresponsive IE session should I see duplicate sessions even thoug I olny have one window open?

It's not unusual to have more than one instance of iexplorer.exe showing in Task Manager. It depends on what you are doing, how many tabs you have open, etc.

At this point, it may be worth installing FireFox, then manually removing IE7 and downloading and reinstalling it.

Here are some links for how to unsinstall IE7:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177
http://kb.wisc.edu/h...age.php?id=5154

If FireFox works okay for you then you might want to consider using it as your primary browser and using IE only when absolutely necessary, if you can get it uninstalled and reinstalled.

Rich

#24 mgw7625

mgw7625

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:44 PM

Hello, I am now using firefox with seeminly no issue. I did not do the uninstall for IE 7 as I didn't see any instructions on how to reinstatl it. The question I had about the errors was more about why the one said ieplore"r" .exe with an "R" (IEXPLORER) and why the other for IE 7 stated ieplore.exe (IEXPLORE with no "R". Do you know, what is the difference between the two errors?

#25 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:10 PM

Good to hear that FireFox works okay.

IEXPLORE.EXE is Internet Explorer
IEXPLORER.EXE is almost always some kind of malware infection.

You may want to return to the malware forum and ask TomK to reeopen your thread there and take another look. Mentione the IEXPORER.EXE message, see what he thinks.

As for reinstalling IE7 once you uninstall it, simply go to Windows Update and it will be there for you to download an install, or download and install it from here: http://www.microsoft...e/getitnow.mspx

Rich

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#26 mgw7625

mgw7625

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:30 AM

Thank you so very much for all of your time help!!! (and your patience.)

#27 mgw7625

mgw7625

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:31 AM

One more question...where do I go on the site to donate?

#28 itsme

itsme

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:12 PM

You can go here. Thanks for considering donating. :)
Lose The Game (dot com) :) If anyone could explain to me how a bank can be a 5th 3rd bank (I just do not understand that name >_>) please do so. I'll be eternally grateful.

#29 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:37 PM

mgw7625,

Topic reopened here: http://forums.whatth...079#entry555079

Start by giving me a new HJT log there.
Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014