This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Pages aren't loading correctly

7 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, Tech Team! :notworthy:
I was on the thread I have some questions., IE/Spyad, toolbar notifier, firewall, java, WWT's Live Chat and was kindly referred to this forum by John B for the following issues:.
My pages aren't loading correctly. Many times after logging on to my e-mail (juno), instead of my mail I get the 'IE cannot display' page:
📎IE_cannot_display.JPG
and cannot get into my mail unless I open another window and hit the (now logged on) link from my start page.

My start page:
📎strange_page.JPG
does not display as it used to do:
📎reg_page.jpg
and many images don't load, instead I get the red x:📎no_image_icon.JPG

Please help me? [external image: Posted Image]
Hi again Kathy :wavey:

Try start your IE browser in safe-mode.

Start, then run, type: iexplore -extoff
hit enter

You will get a page notion about IE being in safe-mode without addons.

Try browse / use the pages you have difficulties with.

If you close IE, it will revert back to normal settings, and you have to type the above again to enter safe-mode.
At the moment, its only to determine if it is some features in IE that is making the troubles.

Report your findings.


Regards
Hello, Abydos!! [external image: Posted Image]
I did as instructed and checked my home page. It still was not loaded correctly.
When I hit the Add Reply button just now, I got the IE cannot display page. I'm getting that error page more often.
:wavey: Kathy
Hi Kathy :) Open your browser, select the "Help" in the menu. You should either see a sentence saying "Whats new in IE8" or else select "About Internet Explorer". Regards
Thank you, Abydos! :) I have version 7. (I thought that My Assistant would have notified me of your reply, but it didn't. I just happened to notice.) :wavey: Kathy

(I thought that My Assistant would have notified me of your reply, but it didn't. I just happened to notice.)


No problem ;)

Please go to "Tools" in your browser, click on "Delete Browsing History"
Place a checkmark in the following entries:

Temporary Internet Files
History
Form Data
Cookies


Click "Delete"

Note: If you have saved passwords, please take note of them, in case you can't remember them otherwise.
Clearing the cookies will reset some preferences on some sites, including empty remembered passwords.

Close IE7, restart it, and see how it goes.

Regards
Hmmm. Could you please post the address to the site your having trouble with? You could consider try upgrading to IE8. Do you have other browsers installed, if yes, do they have the same problem? Regards
Hi Kathy :wavey:

This is what I get when I visit the page:

📎Juno1.jpg

Note that the page is currently undergoing changes. Might wait a few days, and see if
it gets better.

When you performed istructions from here:
Preventing Malware - Tools and Practices for Safe Computing and Preventive Maintenance.
Did you install the MVP's Hosts File?

Might I have caused this by changing some settings?


If you think you have by accident tampered with some settings, you could try reset the browser settings.
But ! This will also reset your addons, basically putting it back to when it was installed.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737


Regards
Hello, Abydos! [external image: Posted Image]

Note that the page is currently undergoing changes. Might wait a few days, and see if
it gets better.

That message doesn't appear on the page when I go to it. In post#1 of this thread, the third screen image:
📎reg_page.jpg
is one I pulled off of a friend's pc after I'd already been having this issue for a little bit, so, I wonder why I haven't gotten that yellow notification: 📎yellow_notice.JPG
and why that page is loading like that for you and I, but not on my friend's pc?

When you performed istructions from here:
Preventing Malware - Tools and Practices for Safe Computing and Preventive Maintenance.
Did you install the MVP's Hosts File?

No, I did not. [external image: Posted Image] (I had to go back to that thread to understand your question!)

If you think you have by accident tampered with some settings, you could try reset the browser settings.
But ! This will also reset your addons, basically putting it back to when it was installed.

What are add-ons?
:wavey: Kathy
Hi again Kathy :wavey:

That message doesn't appear on the page when I go to it.


Might be because of the browser cache. Try hit CTRL+F5, this will force a reload of the actual files
currently on the page. Because of cookies, you will see one view of the page, despite it might have
changed. Clearing the cache for that particular page should remedy this. Maybe delete the cookie
also, which is done in "Tools", "Delete Browser History".


What are add-ons?


Every browser uses addons or plugins. Be it Flashplayer, Java-plugin or something similar. Resetting your browser
would force you to download / install those again.


Regards :)
Hello, Abydos! :)

Might be because of the browser cache. Try hit CTRL+F5, this will force a reload of the actual files
currently on the page. Because of cookies, you will see one view of the page, despite it might have
changed. Clearing the cache for that particular page should remedy this. Maybe delete the cookie
also, which is done in "Tools", "Delete Browser History".

I did this but there was no change. :mellow:
I'm going to check from another pc again.
:wavey: Kathy

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI