This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

troouble in opening any application with .exe extension

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi All! In my sony vaio laptop (OS:Windows Vista) almost every application which is having .exe extension opens with WMP & that too in turn shows an error message saying sthing like that…. .exe is not a valid application to open with WMP. On clicking property its target type also showing it as a wmp file instead, not as an application I think it must be a virus….how do I get rid of it? I'll be highly obliged if any one can help????????????

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI