This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Redirects in Google search results?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

This only seems to happen in Firefox. When I search something on Google and MSN (it doesn't do this with Yahoo or Ask), and begin to click a link in the results, it changes to a long URL like this:

http://googleads2.gdoubleclick.net/pagead/…com%2Findex.php

Sometimes it'll just go to the link I intended to go to, and other times it will go to a parked domain (it's always a different one).

When you hover over one of the search results, it'll just show the URL that it is supposed to, but when you click it that's when it changes (I can see the URL in the status bar when I click and hold).

Example image of Google:
Google

I've had this problem for about a month, maybe a little longer. Nothing was found when I had my thread up in the HijackThis Logs and Infections Removal board, and I've ran Malwarebytes and a-squared both at least twice (both programs are up to date).

I should also mention that I have Windows XP SP3, and McAfee Security Center for my firewall and anti-virus. For add-ons, I have:
- Download Statusbar
- Foxytunes
- Google Gears
- IE Tab
- ImageShack Toolbar
- McAfee Site Advisor
- Web Developer Toolbar

There's also some plugins listed in there: Java Quick Starter, and Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant; and the only theme I have is the default one.
Give the MVPS Hosts File a try, see if that helps resolve the issue.

Take the time to read the info a the site so you understand what it does, then download it, unzip it and run the batch file as directed.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI