leaht
Topic Starter
The following is a detailed description of the issues I've encountered the past week. I apologize that it's so long, I just don't want to leave out any important details. I posted in another forum for help yesterday, and was told to run HTJ but have not received a reply to the log yet, so I thought I'd try this forum. After the description of my problems is my HTJ log - I would very appreciate anyone that has the time to review it. Thank you for reading.
OS: Windows XP Home Svc Pack 3
Internet: Cable Modem through Router
Browser: Firefox (have IE but never use it)
Antivirus: Avast Free
Malware program: Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware
This is very long, and I plead with you guys to read it. Please! Basically, I'm going to explain some problems that I had, which I believe are fixed now. But I am very nervous that there is something I am missing, because I'm not very good with computers. My question is: Is there anything else I should do in addition to the steps I have already taken? I do not want to turn my computer on a week from now just to see that another problem has arose because I did not fix it correctly the first time.
About a week ago, I managed to infect my system. I believe it happened when I accidentally clicked a third-party ad on a website, and silly me had my avast turned off at the time. My desktop picture suddenly changed itself to a .gif file that said "Your system has been comprimised! Run a virus check now! Vulnerable to third-party…. etc etc" and there was red X icon on my system tray that I had never seen before.
I ran avast and it found some corrupted files which I removed, but I still could not change my desktop picture back to normal. When I tried (by right clicking into the display properties as i normally would) it would not allow me to browse for a new picture. I could not alter the desktop in any way, so I knew something was still wrong.
Also, when i did a google search, and clicked on a search result link, it took me to unwanted websites. For example, even though the file path of the link pointed to www.lavasoftsupport.com, when I clicked it, it took me to some random site.
I found the link problem to be changes in my registry and also the internet settings of my browser. Firefox was setup to access internet through a proxy server called 7171. I disabled the proxy and deleted the 2 registry files that pointed to the proxy:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet Settings, ProxyServer =http=localhost:7171
and
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet Settings, ProxyOverride = *.local;
that fixed the google problem. I also found registry files that said "disabletaskmanager" "noactivedesktopchanges" and "noactivedesktop" so I deleted those. I also found a file called m3SrchMn.exe. Then I ran malwarebytes, and it found the following results which I screencapped for future reference:
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn231/b…sucks/virus.jpg
Malwarebytes seemed to have fixed everything, though. I restarted and all was well. This was 1 week ago.
Today, I turned my computer on, and found that I was stuck in the Log-on, Log-off loop. After freaking out wink.gif I used my husbands computer to search for possible fixes and I found this:
http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/lofiversion….php/t7624.html
I followed the directions at the bottom, posted by Shaggy98 - HOWEVER - if you'll notice, Shaggy says that the Userinit was blank, which was causing his Log-on, Log-off loop. My field was not blank, it was set correctly (C:\windows\system32\userinit.exe,) as it should be. But I followed the directions anyway, just crossing my fingers. It worked, and I was able to log into Windows normally.
I should be relieved, but I'm still worried. Is there anything else I should do to make sure that my registry is clean of errors? Should I create a HiJack this log for someone to review? I've been using the internet for more than 10 years, and I have never EVER had problems like these before. I've always been careful, I've never had a virus. I'm not sure how to handle this. :-/
AFTER I POSTED THIS, SOMEONE SUGGESTED THAT I RUN AD-AWARE AND THEN DO A HTJ LOG. The following is my second post:
Posting in reference to this post:
http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=24402
I downloaded Ad-Aware as suggested by casey_boy and unfortunately it prompted me to restart my system before running it's scan. When I restarted, I again experienced the Log-on, Log-off loop. I managed to get into Safe Mode and ran the Ad-Aware scan that way. It turned up 3 malware files called Win32.TrojanD\.\ader.NewMedia and the TAI was 10. Instead of doing the recommended quarantine I completely removed them from my system. It also found 37 cookies which I removed, of course.
I was then able to restart Windows and log on normally. My system is fast again and seems to be ok, and the previously mentioned text that was appearing on top of my websites ("Too many errors and faults WERE found in your system. Possibly that IT WAS THE RESULT of virus attack.YOU MUST scan your system") is now gone, thank god. But I am posting my Hijackthis log as requested just in case. I am such a wreck, I've never had this big of a scare! Thank you in advance!
(THERE ARE TWO HJT LOGS. I RAN THE FIRST ONE, EXPERIENCED MORE PROBLEMS, THEN RAN ANOTHER ONE. i'VE PASTED THEM BOTH BELOW)
HI JACK LOG
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:43:57 PM, on 3/14/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16762)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\MyPrinter\BJMyPrt.exe
C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4.0\OpwareSE4.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\AutoDetector\monitor.exe
C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\MPlatform\NokiaMServer.exe
C:\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\BigFix\bigfix.exe
C:\Program Files\CASIO\YouTube Uploader for CASIO\YStart.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\jucheck.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://search.conduit.com?SearchSource=10&ctid=CT1978305
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R3 - URLSearchHook: Mininova-Vuze Toolbar - {d51d388b-f5dc-471a-a1ce-5e2d671091c0} - C:\Program Files\Mininova-Vuze\tbMini.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Canon Easy Web Print Helper - {68F9551E-0411-48E4-9AAF-4BC42A6A46BE} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\EWPBrowseLoader.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\3.1.807.1746\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: Browser Address Error Redirector - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - c:\windows\system32\BAE.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Mininova-Vuze Toolbar - {d51d388b-f5dc-471a-a1ce-5e2d671091c0} - C:\Program Files\Mininova-Vuze\tbMini.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Easy-WebPrint - {327C2873-E90D-4c37-AA9D-10AC9BABA46C} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Mininova-Vuze Toolbar - {d51d388b-f5dc-471a-a1ce-5e2d671091c0} - C:\Program Files\Mininova-Vuze\tbMini.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] %WINDIR%\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Reminder] %WINDIR%\Creator\Remind_XP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [googletalk] C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe /autostart
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CanonMyPrinter] C:\Program Files\Canon\MyPrinter\BJMyPrt.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSBkgdUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" -Embedding -boot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OpwareSE4] "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4.0\OpwareSE4.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ulead AutoDetector v2] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\AutoDetector\monitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BJCFD] C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NokiaMServer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\MPlatform\NokiaMServer /watchfiles
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MBBalloon] C:\Program Files\HOTALBUMMyBOX\MBBalloon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanSoft OmniPage SE 4.0-reminder] "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4.0\Ereg\Ereg.exe" -r "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4.0\Ereg\ereg.ini"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ad-Watch] C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Power2GoExpress] NA
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Free Download Manager] C:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\fdm.exe -autorun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe AcRdB7_1_0
O4 - Startup: LimeWire On Startup.lnk = C:\LimeWire\LimeWire.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: AT&T Self Support Tool.lnk = C:\Program Files\SBC Self Support Tool\bin\matcli.exe
O4 - Global Startup: BigFix.lnk = C:\Program Files\BigFix\bigfix.exe
O4 - Global Startup: MediaChecker.lnk = C:\Program Files\HOTALBUMMyBOX\MediaChecker.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Nokia Nseries PC Suite.lnk = C:\Program Files\Nokia\NNPCS\RunLauncher.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Ulead Photo Express 3.0 SE Calendar Checker.lnk = C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead Photo Express 3.0 SE\CalCheck.exe
O4 - Global Startup: YouTube Uploader for CASIO.lnk = C:\Program Files\CASIO\YouTube Uploader for CASIO\YStart.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Absolute Poker - {13C1DBF6-7535-495c-91F6-8C13714ED485} - C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Absolute Poker\Absolute Poker.lnk
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Absolute Poker - {13C1DBF6-7535-495c-91F6-8C13714ED485} - C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Absolute Poker\Absolute Poker.lnk
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\MICROS~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\docume~1\admini~1.bre\locals~1\temp\ntdll64.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\docume~1\admini~1.bre\locals~1\temp\ntdll64.dll
O16 - DPF: {149E45D8-163E-4189-86FC-45022AB2B6C9} - file:///C:/Program%20Files/SCRABBLE/Images/stg_drm.ocx
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper20073151.dll
O16 - DPF: {48DD0448-9209-4F81-9F6D-D83562940134} (MySpace Uploader Control) - http://lads.myspace.com/upload/MySpaceUploader1006.cab
O16 - DPF: {CC450D71-CC90-424C-8638-1F2DBAC87A54} (ArmHelper Control) - file:///C:/Program%20Files/SCRABBLE/Images/armhelper.ocx
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shoc…ash/swflash.cab
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: c:\program,files\permissionresearch\prai.dll nydorj.dll
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
O23 - Service: PrismXL - New Boundary Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\Nokia\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
–
End of file - 10873 bytes
**********************************************************
POST 2:
Boy, have I had a long night. This just keeps getting better and better.
I ran the longer scan of AdAware instead of the quick one, and it found more malware files, so I deleted them. But after that, I was suddenly unable to connect to the internet. I tried using a restore point but that didn't work. So I ran a check with internet explorer and it told me the problem was (LSP): Web Guardian. I got onto my husbands computer and learned that malware uses LSP's to mess with the firewall. (or something) So anyway, I deleted it as IE suggested, then rebooted and now I'm online again. But I also read that there is a vulnerability in Avast that allows malware to use LSP's…. anyone know anything about that? I'm considering uninstalling it and using AVG again.
I don't want to do that until someone here gives me an opinion, though. So for now I'm just going to stop tearing my hair out, and stop messing with things that I shouldn't be messing with, haha. I'm just so irritated with all this. Here is a new HTJ log. Don't know if it's needed, but I thought it might be since I made changes after the last log I posted. Sorry if this is annoying.
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 6:40:16 AM, on 3/15/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16762)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\MyPrinter\BJMyPrt.exe
C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4.0\OpwareSE4.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\AutoDetector\monitor.exe
C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\MPlatform\NokiaMServer.exe
C:\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\BigFix\bigfix.exe
C:\Program Files\HOTALBUMMyBOX\MediaChecker.exe
C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead Photo Express 3.0 SE\CalCheck.exe
C:\Program Files\CASIO\YouTube Uploader for CASIO\YStart.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\SBC Self Support Tool\bin\mpbtn.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\jucheck.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,First Home Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54843
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Canon Easy Web Print Helper - {68F9551E-0411-48E4-9AAF-4BC42A6A46BE} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\EWPBrowseLoader.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\3.1.807.1746\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: Browser Address Error Redirector - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - c:\windows\system32\BAE.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Mininova-Vuze Toolbar - {d51d388b-f5dc-471a-a1ce-5e2d671091c0} - C:\Program Files\Mininova-Vuze\tbMini.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Easy-WebPrint - {327C2873-E90D-4c37-AA9D-10AC9BABA46C} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Mininova-Vuze Toolbar - {d51d388b-f5dc-471a-a1ce-5e2d671091c0} - C:\Program Files\Mininova-Vuze\tbMini.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] %WINDIR%\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Reminder] %WINDIR%\Creator\Remind_XP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [googletalk] C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe /autostart
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CanonMyPrinter] C:\Program Files\Canon\MyPrinter\BJMyPrt.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSBkgdUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" -Embedding -boot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OpwareSE4] "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4.0\OpwareSE4.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ulead AutoDetector v2] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\AutoDetector\monitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BJCFD] C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NokiaMServer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\MPlatform\NokiaMServer /watchfiles
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MBBalloon] C:\Program Files\HOTALBUMMyBOX\MBBalloon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanSoft OmniPage SE 4.0-reminder] "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4.0\Ereg\Ereg.exe" -r "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4.0\Ereg\ereg.ini"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ad-Watch] C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Power2GoExpress] NA
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Free Download Manager] C:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\fdm.exe -autorun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe AcRdB7_1_0
O4 - Startup: LimeWire On Startup.lnk = C:\LimeWire\LimeWire.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: AT&T Self Support Tool.lnk = C:\Program Files\SBC Self Support Tool\bin\matcli.exe
O4 - Global Startup: BigFix.lnk = C:\Program Files\BigFix\bigfix.exe
O4 - Global Startup: MediaChecker.lnk = C:\Program Files\HOTALBUMMyBOX\MediaChecker.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Nokia Nseries PC Suite.lnk = C:\Program Files\Nokia\NNPCS\RunLauncher.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Ulead Photo Express 3.0 SE Calendar Checker.lnk = C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead Photo Express 3.0 SE\CalCheck.exe
O4 - Global Startup: YouTube Uploader for CASIO.lnk = C:\Program Files\CASIO\YouTube Uploader for CASIO\YStart.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Absolute Poker - {13C1DBF6-7535-495c-91F6-8C13714ED485} - C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Absolute Poker\Absolute Poker.lnk
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Absolute Poker - {13C1DBF6-7535-495c-91F6-8C13714ED485} - C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Absolute Poker\Absolute Poker.lnk
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\MICROS~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {149E45D8-163E-4189-86FC-45022AB2B6C9} - file:///C:/Program%20Files/SCRABBLE/Images/stg_drm.ocx
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper20073151.dll
O16 - DPF: {48DD0448-9209-4F81-9F6D-D83562940134} (MySpace Uploader Control) - http://lads.myspace.com/upload/MySpaceUploader1006.cab
O16 - DPF: {CC450D71-CC90-424C-8638-1F2DBAC87A54} (ArmHelper Control) - file:///C:/Program%20Files/SCRABBLE/Images/armhelper.ocx
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shoc…ash/swflash.cab
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: c:\program,files\permissionresearch\prai.dll nydorj.dll
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: PrismXL - New Boundary Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\Nokia\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
–
End of file - 10915 bytes
OS: Windows XP Home Svc Pack 3
Internet: Cable Modem through Router
Browser: Firefox (have IE but never use it)
Antivirus: Avast Free
Malware program: Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware
This is very long, and I plead with you guys to read it. Please! Basically, I'm going to explain some problems that I had, which I believe are fixed now. But I am very nervous that there is something I am missing, because I'm not very good with computers. My question is: Is there anything else I should do in addition to the steps I have already taken? I do not want to turn my computer on a week from now just to see that another problem has arose because I did not fix it correctly the first time.
About a week ago, I managed to infect my system. I believe it happened when I accidentally clicked a third-party ad on a website, and silly me had my avast turned off at the time. My desktop picture suddenly changed itself to a .gif file that said "Your system has been comprimised! Run a virus check now! Vulnerable to third-party…. etc etc" and there was red X icon on my system tray that I had never seen before.
I ran avast and it found some corrupted files which I removed, but I still could not change my desktop picture back to normal. When I tried (by right clicking into the display properties as i normally would) it would not allow me to browse for a new picture. I could not alter the desktop in any way, so I knew something was still wrong.
Also, when i did a google search, and clicked on a search result link, it took me to unwanted websites. For example, even though the file path of the link pointed to www.lavasoftsupport.com, when I clicked it, it took me to some random site.
I found the link problem to be changes in my registry and also the internet settings of my browser. Firefox was setup to access internet through a proxy server called 7171. I disabled the proxy and deleted the 2 registry files that pointed to the proxy:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet Settings, ProxyServer =http=localhost:7171
and
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet Settings, ProxyOverride = *.local;
that fixed the google problem. I also found registry files that said "disabletaskmanager" "noactivedesktopchanges" and "noactivedesktop" so I deleted those. I also found a file called m3SrchMn.exe. Then I ran malwarebytes, and it found the following results which I screencapped for future reference:
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn231/b…sucks/virus.jpg
Malwarebytes seemed to have fixed everything, though. I restarted and all was well. This was 1 week ago.
Today, I turned my computer on, and found that I was stuck in the Log-on, Log-off loop. After freaking out wink.gif I used my husbands computer to search for possible fixes and I found this:
http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/lofiversion….php/t7624.html
I followed the directions at the bottom, posted by Shaggy98 - HOWEVER - if you'll notice, Shaggy says that the Userinit was blank, which was causing his Log-on, Log-off loop. My field was not blank, it was set correctly (C:\windows\system32\userinit.exe,) as it should be. But I followed the directions anyway, just crossing my fingers. It worked, and I was able to log into Windows normally.
I should be relieved, but I'm still worried. Is there anything else I should do to make sure that my registry is clean of errors? Should I create a HiJack this log for someone to review? I've been using the internet for more than 10 years, and I have never EVER had problems like these before. I've always been careful, I've never had a virus. I'm not sure how to handle this. :-/
AFTER I POSTED THIS, SOMEONE SUGGESTED THAT I RUN AD-AWARE AND THEN DO A HTJ LOG. The following is my second post:
Posting in reference to this post:
http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=24402
I downloaded Ad-Aware as suggested by casey_boy and unfortunately it prompted me to restart my system before running it's scan. When I restarted, I again experienced the Log-on, Log-off loop. I managed to get into Safe Mode and ran the Ad-Aware scan that way. It turned up 3 malware files called Win32.TrojanD\.\ader.NewMedia and the TAI was 10. Instead of doing the recommended quarantine I completely removed them from my system. It also found 37 cookies which I removed, of course.
I was then able to restart Windows and log on normally. My system is fast again and seems to be ok, and the previously mentioned text that was appearing on top of my websites ("Too many errors and faults WERE found in your system. Possibly that IT WAS THE RESULT of virus attack.YOU MUST scan your system") is now gone, thank god. But I am posting my Hijackthis log as requested just in case. I am such a wreck, I've never had this big of a scare! Thank you in advance!
(THERE ARE TWO HJT LOGS. I RAN THE FIRST ONE, EXPERIENCED MORE PROBLEMS, THEN RAN ANOTHER ONE. i'VE PASTED THEM BOTH BELOW)
HI JACK LOG
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:43:57 PM, on 3/14/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16762)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\MyPrinter\BJMyPrt.exe
C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4.0\OpwareSE4.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\AutoDetector\monitor.exe
C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\MPlatform\NokiaMServer.exe
C:\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\BigFix\bigfix.exe
C:\Program Files\CASIO\YouTube Uploader for CASIO\YStart.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\jucheck.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://search.conduit.com?SearchSource=10&ctid=CT1978305
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R3 - URLSearchHook: Mininova-Vuze Toolbar - {d51d388b-f5dc-471a-a1ce-5e2d671091c0} - C:\Program Files\Mininova-Vuze\tbMini.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Canon Easy Web Print Helper - {68F9551E-0411-48E4-9AAF-4BC42A6A46BE} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\EWPBrowseLoader.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\3.1.807.1746\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: Browser Address Error Redirector - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - c:\windows\system32\BAE.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Mininova-Vuze Toolbar - {d51d388b-f5dc-471a-a1ce-5e2d671091c0} - C:\Program Files\Mininova-Vuze\tbMini.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Easy-WebPrint - {327C2873-E90D-4c37-AA9D-10AC9BABA46C} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Mininova-Vuze Toolbar - {d51d388b-f5dc-471a-a1ce-5e2d671091c0} - C:\Program Files\Mininova-Vuze\tbMini.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] %WINDIR%\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Reminder] %WINDIR%\Creator\Remind_XP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [googletalk] C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe /autostart
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CanonMyPrinter] C:\Program Files\Canon\MyPrinter\BJMyPrt.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSBkgdUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" -Embedding -boot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OpwareSE4] "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4.0\OpwareSE4.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ulead AutoDetector v2] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\AutoDetector\monitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BJCFD] C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NokiaMServer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\MPlatform\NokiaMServer /watchfiles
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MBBalloon] C:\Program Files\HOTALBUMMyBOX\MBBalloon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanSoft OmniPage SE 4.0-reminder] "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4.0\Ereg\Ereg.exe" -r "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4.0\Ereg\ereg.ini"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ad-Watch] C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Power2GoExpress] NA
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Free Download Manager] C:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\fdm.exe -autorun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe AcRdB7_1_0
O4 - Startup: LimeWire On Startup.lnk = C:\LimeWire\LimeWire.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: AT&T Self Support Tool.lnk = C:\Program Files\SBC Self Support Tool\bin\matcli.exe
O4 - Global Startup: BigFix.lnk = C:\Program Files\BigFix\bigfix.exe
O4 - Global Startup: MediaChecker.lnk = C:\Program Files\HOTALBUMMyBOX\MediaChecker.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Nokia Nseries PC Suite.lnk = C:\Program Files\Nokia\NNPCS\RunLauncher.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Ulead Photo Express 3.0 SE Calendar Checker.lnk = C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead Photo Express 3.0 SE\CalCheck.exe
O4 - Global Startup: YouTube Uploader for CASIO.lnk = C:\Program Files\CASIO\YouTube Uploader for CASIO\YStart.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Absolute Poker - {13C1DBF6-7535-495c-91F6-8C13714ED485} - C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Absolute Poker\Absolute Poker.lnk
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Absolute Poker - {13C1DBF6-7535-495c-91F6-8C13714ED485} - C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Absolute Poker\Absolute Poker.lnk
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\MICROS~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\docume~1\admini~1.bre\locals~1\temp\ntdll64.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\docume~1\admini~1.bre\locals~1\temp\ntdll64.dll
O16 - DPF: {149E45D8-163E-4189-86FC-45022AB2B6C9} - file:///C:/Program%20Files/SCRABBLE/Images/stg_drm.ocx
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper20073151.dll
O16 - DPF: {48DD0448-9209-4F81-9F6D-D83562940134} (MySpace Uploader Control) - http://lads.myspace.com/upload/MySpaceUploader1006.cab
O16 - DPF: {CC450D71-CC90-424C-8638-1F2DBAC87A54} (ArmHelper Control) - file:///C:/Program%20Files/SCRABBLE/Images/armhelper.ocx
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shoc…ash/swflash.cab
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: c:\program,files\permissionresearch\prai.dll nydorj.dll
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
O23 - Service: PrismXL - New Boundary Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\Nokia\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
–
End of file - 10873 bytes
**********************************************************
POST 2:
Boy, have I had a long night. This just keeps getting better and better.
I ran the longer scan of AdAware instead of the quick one, and it found more malware files, so I deleted them. But after that, I was suddenly unable to connect to the internet. I tried using a restore point but that didn't work. So I ran a check with internet explorer and it told me the problem was (LSP): Web Guardian. I got onto my husbands computer and learned that malware uses LSP's to mess with the firewall. (or something) So anyway, I deleted it as IE suggested, then rebooted and now I'm online again. But I also read that there is a vulnerability in Avast that allows malware to use LSP's…. anyone know anything about that? I'm considering uninstalling it and using AVG again.
I don't want to do that until someone here gives me an opinion, though. So for now I'm just going to stop tearing my hair out, and stop messing with things that I shouldn't be messing with, haha. I'm just so irritated with all this. Here is a new HTJ log. Don't know if it's needed, but I thought it might be since I made changes after the last log I posted. Sorry if this is annoying.
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 6:40:16 AM, on 3/15/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16762)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\MyPrinter\BJMyPrt.exe
C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4.0\OpwareSE4.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\AutoDetector\monitor.exe
C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\MPlatform\NokiaMServer.exe
C:\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\BigFix\bigfix.exe
C:\Program Files\HOTALBUMMyBOX\MediaChecker.exe
C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead Photo Express 3.0 SE\CalCheck.exe
C:\Program Files\CASIO\YouTube Uploader for CASIO\YStart.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\SBC Self Support Tool\bin\mpbtn.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\jucheck.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,First Home Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54843
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Canon Easy Web Print Helper - {68F9551E-0411-48E4-9AAF-4BC42A6A46BE} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\EWPBrowseLoader.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\3.1.807.1746\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: Browser Address Error Redirector - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - c:\windows\system32\BAE.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Mininova-Vuze Toolbar - {d51d388b-f5dc-471a-a1ce-5e2d671091c0} - C:\Program Files\Mininova-Vuze\tbMini.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Easy-WebPrint - {327C2873-E90D-4c37-AA9D-10AC9BABA46C} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Mininova-Vuze Toolbar - {d51d388b-f5dc-471a-a1ce-5e2d671091c0} - C:\Program Files\Mininova-Vuze\tbMini.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] %WINDIR%\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Reminder] %WINDIR%\Creator\Remind_XP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [googletalk] C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe /autostart
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CanonMyPrinter] C:\Program Files\Canon\MyPrinter\BJMyPrt.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSBkgdUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" -Embedding -boot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OpwareSE4] "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4.0\OpwareSE4.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ulead AutoDetector v2] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\AutoDetector\monitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BJCFD] C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NokiaMServer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\MPlatform\NokiaMServer /watchfiles
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MBBalloon] C:\Program Files\HOTALBUMMyBOX\MBBalloon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanSoft OmniPage SE 4.0-reminder] "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4.0\Ereg\Ereg.exe" -r "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4.0\Ereg\ereg.ini"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ad-Watch] C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Power2GoExpress] NA
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Free Download Manager] C:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\fdm.exe -autorun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe AcRdB7_1_0
O4 - Startup: LimeWire On Startup.lnk = C:\LimeWire\LimeWire.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: AT&T Self Support Tool.lnk = C:\Program Files\SBC Self Support Tool\bin\matcli.exe
O4 - Global Startup: BigFix.lnk = C:\Program Files\BigFix\bigfix.exe
O4 - Global Startup: MediaChecker.lnk = C:\Program Files\HOTALBUMMyBOX\MediaChecker.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Nokia Nseries PC Suite.lnk = C:\Program Files\Nokia\NNPCS\RunLauncher.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Ulead Photo Express 3.0 SE Calendar Checker.lnk = C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead Photo Express 3.0 SE\CalCheck.exe
O4 - Global Startup: YouTube Uploader for CASIO.lnk = C:\Program Files\CASIO\YouTube Uploader for CASIO\YStart.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Absolute Poker - {13C1DBF6-7535-495c-91F6-8C13714ED485} - C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Absolute Poker\Absolute Poker.lnk
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Absolute Poker - {13C1DBF6-7535-495c-91F6-8C13714ED485} - C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Absolute Poker\Absolute Poker.lnk
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\MICROS~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {149E45D8-163E-4189-86FC-45022AB2B6C9} - file:///C:/Program%20Files/SCRABBLE/Images/stg_drm.ocx
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper20073151.dll
O16 - DPF: {48DD0448-9209-4F81-9F6D-D83562940134} (MySpace Uploader Control) - http://lads.myspace.com/upload/MySpaceUploader1006.cab
O16 - DPF: {CC450D71-CC90-424C-8638-1F2DBAC87A54} (ArmHelper Control) - file:///C:/Program%20Files/SCRABBLE/Images/armhelper.ocx
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shoc…ash/swflash.cab
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: c:\program,files\permissionresearch\prai.dll nydorj.dll
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: PrismXL - New Boundary Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\Nokia\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
–
End of file - 10915 bytes