My webcam keeps undetecting and detecting idk if it's related to a virus maybe?
I keep hearing that sound windows makes when it detects something and undetects it from the USB
I am running a DR WEB scan at the moment and so far it found a trojan.WMA loader I downloaded off LimeWire since I was new to it…I didn't know some files were unsafe
Anyways could these be the cause of my webcam problem is it possible? Im hoping so
UPDATE: I have about 6 infected files will moving them do anything?
Hello and welcome back to What the Tech! My name is BHowett and I will be helping you to get sorted. If for any reason you do not understand any of the instructions, or are just unsure then please do not guess , simply post back with your question, and we will go through it again.
please do not run tools unless I advise you to… doing so can cause problems or not allow me to see whats going on. I really don't think your webcam kicking on and off is malware related but lets take a look and see what we can find.
I see you are already being helped HERE by IndiGenus. Please follow his instructions in that topic, and do not open new topics until you after you have completed the first one.
By Multi Posting you are utilizing the time of two (or more) trained helpers.
Helpers take a long time to train. They need a great deal of expertise and knowledge to be able to safely remove Malware from your computer and because of this are in short supply. We wish to use them to help the maximum number of people, and if they are researching the log of someone who is already being helped, then their time and effort is going to waste.
Understandably this causes a certain amount of bad feeling.
From the helper who has needlessly spent time researching your log and compiling and posting instructions, and from others who have to wait longer for their problems to be addressed.
Advice from two separate helpers can cause problems.
Different helpers may use different methods to combat your infection. While each in isolation is safe, that may not be so if you follow the advice of both together. Some of the tools we use are very powerful and have to be used in a specific way and in some cases do not combine well with others. By using advice from two different sources it is possible that tools may be used that do not combine well and you may severely damage your computer, even rendering it inoperable in some circumstances.
I will close this topic.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI