Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

IE7 will not work

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 woodstock

woodstock

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:32 AM

For a week my P C has been acting wacko. Think I have a virus. Suddenly IE7 quit working. I click on it and it does nothing even though I am connected to the internet. All I could get was my e-mail on OLE. I deleted it and got Firefox off of my laptop. I then downloaded IE7 on my flash drive from my laptop and transferred to my Dell desktop. It said the program failed to complete the install and left an icon that said IE Troubleshooter. I went there and opened it but it would not take me to any web pages. So I went to the Microsoft web site using Mozilla browser to get back IE 7 or 6 or 8. But when I got to download page and tried to download , it opens and says page failed to connect every time I try it, over and over again. Went to Microsoft updates and it would not open either. Now my McAfee software is acting up. :pullhair: I did a scan and McAfee says I have Trojans in Quarintine , Generic Fake Alert, Generic Artemis. Generic PUP.z, Generic !atr. Not sure how to delete them or remove them.

Edited by woodstock, 10 March 2009 - 09:51 PM.

Keith Weaver

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:09 AM

Hi Woodstock, I would head back over to the Malware Forum and post another HJT log for clearance of any Malware. Once cleared, come back and see us if your computer is still having issues. kind regards,

#3 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:58 PM

Woodstock, you did a "no no" by replying to your own post in the Malware forum. The folks there look for posts with 0 replies and pick them first to work on, assuming if there is a reply then someone is already working on it. I don't know if you can delete your 2nd post there or not. If yes, do so and wait for directions. Post back here if you can't and I'll see what I can do to help.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#4 woodstock

woodstock

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

I'm sorry . What did I do wrong ? Not sure how to get around this site very well. I hope I am doing THIS correctly
Keith Weaver

#5 woodstock

woodstock

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:50 PM

Hi Woodstock,

I would head back over to the Malware Forum and post another HJT log for clearance of any Malware. Once cleared, come back and see us if your computer is still having issues.

kind regards,

Keith Weaver

#6 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:54 PM

Don't reply to your thread after you start a topic. (do not bump) :thumbdown:

from this link

I have requested Admin to attend to your log, you should not answer your own post in the HJT forum.

kind regards,