This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

IE7 will not work

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

For a week my P C has been acting wacko. Think I have a virus. Suddenly IE7 quit working. I click on it and it does nothing even though I am connected to the internet. All I could get was my e-mail on OLE. I deleted it and got Firefox off of my laptop. I then downloaded IE7 on my flash drive from my laptop and transferred to my Dell desktop. It said the program failed to complete the install and left an icon that said IE Troubleshooter. I went there and opened it but it would not take me to any web pages. So I went to the Microsoft web site using Mozilla browser to get back IE 7 or 6 or 8. But when I got to download page and tried to download , it opens and says page failed to connect every time I try it, over and over again. Went to Microsoft updates and it would not open either. Now my McAfee software is acting up. :pullhair: I did a scan and McAfee says I have Trojans in Quarintine , Generic Fake Alert, Generic Artemis. Generic PUP.z, Generic !atr. Not sure how to delete them or remove them.
Hi Woodstock, I would head back over to the Malware Forum and post another HJT log for clearance of any Malware. Once cleared, come back and see us if your computer is still having issues. kind regards,
Woodstock, you did a "no no" by replying to your own post in the Malware forum. The folks there look for posts with 0 replies and pick them first to work on, assuming if there is a reply then someone is already working on it. I don't know if you can delete your 2nd post there or not. If yes, do so and wait for directions. Post back here if you can't and I'll see what I can do to help.

Hi Woodstock,

I would head back over to the Malware Forum and post another HJT log for clearance of any Malware. Once cleared, come back and see us if your computer is still having issues.

kind regards,

Don't reply to your thread after you start a topic. (do not bump) :thumbdown:

from this link

I have requested Admin to attend to your log, you should not answer your own post in the HJT forum.

kind regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI