Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Computer stuck on restart loop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mama EB

Mama EB

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:02 PM

My power was turned off to my computer and now it just keeps restarting. I can not get past the Windows screen. It will not let me boot up in any mode. I have tried the SAFE mode and all other options given to me. Right before it restarts a blue screen flashes up for less than a second and then it re-boots. I downloaded the Memory test from Microsoft and ran the extended test. It found one error in the MATS+. Cache - Off Address - 007f0fd0 Expected - 00000000 Actual - 00010000 Bank 'Bank 0/1': Slot 'A0': 1 I removed the bad memory card. Did the scan again. It checked out but still said that MATS+ Cache was "Off". I rebooted and it still does the same thing. What else can I do to figure out what is going on? :pullhair:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Mama EB

Mama EB

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:03 PM

I got the aut restart to stop so now I can read the blue screen. It stats: "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME" What do I do now? Anyone know?

#3 HFCG

HFCG

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:I like historical buildings, ghost, and dogs &cats

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:53 AM

How to run checkdisk from recovery console (Windows xp). (Courtesy dsenette) 1. Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer. Note:Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted to do so. 2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console. Note:If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console. 3. When you are prompted to do so, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER. 4. At the Recovery Console command prompt, type the following then press Enter: chkdsk /r 5. Allow this to run UNDISTURBED until completed (45 min or so)

Deo gratiam habeamus
Thank you for considering a Donation to What the Tech!
The purple text in my post are links for you to click on
Computer CPUs are designed so that the address of any piece of data in virtual memory is tracked by a single integer register. So the total amount of data the computer can keep in its working field depends on the width of these registers. A 32 bit register size enables 232 addresses (4 GB) to be referenced. Switching to a 64 bit register increases the available address space to (approximately) 16 TB. This is why 32 bit operating systems can only use up to 4 GB of RAM, and 64 bit operating systems can use much more. (I have a 32 bit system)