My power was turned off to my computer and now it just keeps restarting. I can not get past the Windows screen. It will not let me boot up in any mode. I have tried the SAFE mode and all other options given to me.
Right before it restarts a blue screen flashes up for less than a second and then it re-boots.
I downloaded the Memory test from Microsoft and ran the extended test. It found one error in the MATS+.
Cache - Off
Address - 007f0fd0
Expected - 00000000
Actual - 00010000
Bank 'Bank 0/1': Slot 'A0': 1
I removed the bad memory card. Did the scan again. It checked out but still said that MATS+ Cache was "Off". I rebooted and it still does the same thing.
What else can I do to figure out what is going on?
I got the aut restart to stop so now I can read the blue screen.
It stats:
"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME"
What do I do now? Anyone know?
How to run checkdisk from recovery console (Windows xp). (Courtesy dsenette)
1. Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.
Note:Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted to do so.
2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
Note:If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console.
3. When you are prompted to do so, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.
4. At the Recovery Console command prompt, type the following then press Enter:
chkdsk /r
5. Allow this to run UNDISTURBED until completed (45 min or so)