This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Dell Inspiron 1521 crashed

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey, I have a Dell Inspiron 1521 its about a year old……anyway, was using it and it was working fine, closed it up to have lunch…opened it and was greeted by a blue screen w/a bunch of white writing advising me that if it was the first time I received this message to power down, I did this and tried to power back on and NOTHING…black screen my caps lock light blinks for about 30 sec and I can feel it trying to run but then it stops…… called dell, paid $50 for them to tell me to unplug it, remove battery and try to power on, then they wanted me to remove the memory card, couldnt find a small enough screwdriver, called them back when I got one but apparently my "help" had expired………???????
[external image: Posted Image] resting,

We here at WTT offer you a warm welcome to this forum. I am sorry you had such a disgraceful episode with Dell. I am here to say we are glad you found this forum and shortly an advanced Tech Team member will come by to advise you of steps to take to solve your problem.

Have your OS CD ready or any other CD that came with the Dell.

Just a thought, is the computer still under warranty by any chance?

kind regards,
According to dell it is no longer under warranty although I thought I had purchased the extended plan as it is my daughters laptop…….upon researching it appears as if they are correct and NO it is NOT under warranty………….I do have everything that came with it, discs etc… out and ready to roll. Thanks for the quick reply.
Hi resting, A tech Team member will shortly come by to assist you. Sorry your warranty has expired. Please be patient as they are very busy. kind regards,
Hi resting, sorry you're having problems.

From your description, this sounds like a hardware problem and not a software problem. Most likely causes are power supply, hard drive or memory.

I'd recommend you post in our hardware forums here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/General_Hardware_f126.html

The techs there should be able to help. If it turns out I'm wrong, please come back here and let us know and we can work on it. Post a link to this thread in your new post so there is some continuity, and likewise if you return here.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI