This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Problems with virus

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

So for the past two weeks I have been getting IE pop ups and I believe I have some sort of virus. A message has also been popping up that I have a virus trying to get into my computer, and whenever I try to move to quarantine it just pops right back up with the same message. I looked in a description of the virus and it shows the file, "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ds32gt32.dll," is infected with the, "TR/Spy.Gen," trojan. Any help would be great. Thanks!
Hi, and Welcome to WhatTheTech :)

Please download DDS and save it to your desktop.
  • Disable any script blocking protection
  • Double click dds.scr to run the tool.
  • When done two logs should open:
  • DDS.txt
  • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop.
—————————————————
  • Post the contents of the DDS.txt report in your next reply
  • Attach the Attach.txt report to your post by scrolling down to the Attachments area and then clicking Browse. Browse to where you saved the file, and click Open and then click UPLOAD.

Thanks.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI