This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Need help fixing possible malware problem

11 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

When I turned McAfee back on I got a pop up message from McAfee about a potentially unwanted program name: RemAdm-ProcLaunch!171

Where did it show it was located at?
I don't remember, I just clicked not to allow it to load. BTW, about a month ago I read about Internet explorer that it had some major security deficiencies (password related I think) and that you should try to use other browsers. Is this true? could this be the reason for my problem? Anyways, Thank you so much for your help.

I don't remember, I just clicked not to allow it to load.
BTW, about a month ago I read about Internet explorer that it had some major security deficiencies (password related I think) and that you should try to use other browsers. Is this true? could this be the reason for my problem?
Anyways, Thank you so much for your help.

All browsers can be hijacked.
You can try Firefox if you like.


Click the link and download FireFox and give it a try.
http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI