This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Missing dll

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My system has decided to deny access to some of my folders. This just started about a week ago. I have gone online and got info on how to fix this. It looks like I need to reboot into safe mode first. My system won't start in safe mode and I get an error msg about missing or corrupt file "\system32\hal.dll". What is the best way to restore or repair this file?. My system runs fine in regular mode but will not reboot into safe mode. Looks like I'm lucky that it will start at all. I guess I can ask how to fix the folder problem in a different thread later. Thanks in advance for anyone's help

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI