Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Access violation message AVG

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kwlnwv

kwlnwv

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:48 PM

Every time I open IE on my computer I get the following message: Access violation at address 6CB616B7 in module ‘AVGT00~1.DLL’. Read of address 00000004. If I press OK or "X" out of the pop up, another box pops up saying: Warning: (but it has no warning in the box) I can close this box and Explorer will act like it is searching but never seems to find or stop searching for the home page. I can go to favorites or otherwise navigate to another page, (or even the home page) and it will go just fine. If I open another tab it will again give me the access violation and warning boxes, then IE locks up and you can do no more until you start task manager and restart IE. What can I do to fix this? I cannot find help with this in IE or in AVG 8.0 FREE.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:54 PM

:welcome: kwlnwv,

Glad to see you have joined WTT.

I suggest you go to this link and follow the instructions thoroughly. If after you post your HJT log there is no answer within 5 days, post a gentle reminder here.

kind regards,

#3 kwlnwv

kwlnwv

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:44 PM

I should add that this only happens on my wife user but if I go to my user there is no problem. I tried to go to the link that you posted while in my wifes user, but when I clicked save, it would not save the program. When I clicked on run, it acted as if it was downloading, but the box disappeared after the 'download' and nothing opened. I tried to search for the program, and it was not found. I will try again in my user to see if I get better results.

#4 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:04 AM

Hi kwlnwv, I am following up on your original post and wondered if you still need help. I notice you did not post a HJT log as suggested. We are happy to assist you if you still need help either here or in any of the other sub-forums offered. kind regards,