Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal
[Closed] Bombarded with trojans
3 min read
ezpkns34
Topic Starter
Was playing the game Spore & was asked if i wanted to download the newest patch. I said yes & then my computer froze up. I turned it off & back on & after I when it started back up, spyware guard & avg told me I had infections & i selected to have them removed. I restarted again & then spybot s&d was giving me probs. It kept asking me if I wanted to allow changes to certain registries (some added, some deleted). I kept saying deny change & it just keeps popping up.
I ctrl+alt+del & saw numerous processes running that shouldn't be (from rundll33.exe, iexplore.exe even though I never tried opening the internet, & wuauclt.exe). I ended all the processes & the spybot s&d requests keep coming.
I also have spywareguard popups telling me the following BHO has been added to my system:
{d5bf4552-94f1-42bd-f434-3604812c807d}
I keep selecting to remove the BHO but it just pops back up
I tried running malwarebyte's anti-malware, but it won't start. Anyways, I disconnected that comp from the net (am on a different computer). I was running avg scan on it when a popup said the computer was about to restart (a 1 minute countdown began to run in the popup). The popup said this was due to the dcom process launcher unexpectedly closing. I stopped the scan, closed AVG & turned off the computer. It's been off ever since. During the AVG scan, there were 9 threats found at that point (with most having the word trojan associated with them.
What do I do & where do I even start?
LDTate
You could try System Restore.
1.
Click Start.
2.
Point to All Programs.
3.
Point to Accessories.
4.
Point to System Tools.
5.
Click System Restore.
6.
Follow the instructions on the wizard.
See if you can find a date the the PC worked.
ezpkns34
Just so I know what to expect, what will the system restore do? Doesn't it just start it back up from a point I saved the system at previously?
LDTate
Yes..Just so I know what to expect, what will the system restore do? Doesn't it just start it back up from a point I saved the system at previously?
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/h…ew_03may19.mspx
ezpkns34
Thanks for the assistance LDTate, just want to make sure I don't need to backup my documents or anything before restoring. Sounds, from that article, that it only restores from a registry point of view…is that correct?
Sorry for all the questions
LDTate
I would only go back as far as needed. If you installed any new programs and restore before it was installed, that program might not work.Thanks for the assistance LDTate, just want to make sure I don't need to backup my documents or anything before restoring. Sounds, from that article, that it only restores from a registry point of view…is that correct?
Sorry for all the questions
ezpkns34
I started it back up & the screen is blue & it says:
stop: c0000218 unknown hard erro
unknown hard error
I tried restarting in safe mode & had a blue screen with a lot of technical jargon. Any suggestions at the moment?
One of my options is listed as 'Start from last known good configuration'….Would this be my best bet?
LDTate
If you can't get it to boot, then start a new topic in the Tech Team area give them any error codes.
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Microsoft_Windows_f119.html
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Microsoft_Windows_f119.html
LDTate
Due to inactivity this topic will be closed.
If you need help please start a new thread and post a new HJT log
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI