This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Friend's computer log needs analyzing

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I sure hope I'm following the instructions for posting here correctly. Since this is my first posting, I hope you'll be patient with me. My "older" friend has been having some real slow downs on her computer. Her OS is Windows XP Home Edition. I have done everything possible to help speed it up…did updates and ran scans on her Ad-aware and Malwarebytes spyware programs (no spys), cleaned out her all her temp files, ran disk cleanup and disk defrag, did Windows updates, ran Secunia and did updates on Adobe Reader. I thought as a last resort I'd run HijackThis but I need someone with more expertise than I have to analyze the log I saved from her computer. Could I send it here for someone to look at and tell me if there's a hijacker on her computer? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. Buckeyelass
Your post has been Moved, Closed or Edited for one of the following reasons:

1.) You posted multiple topics and only one is required

2.) You are spamming links to other places without approval

3.) You have posted your hijackthis log to the wrong forum:
( http://forums.whatthetech.com/HijackThis_L…emoval_f27.html ) <— correct forum for HijackThis Logs

4.) Abusive language or other problems in your text

5.) Your log is too old (20 days or more) and no replies from you after a volunteer tried to help you

If you came here for help, and you have not posted a Hijackthis log to the proper forum, then you may do so now, if you came here to spam or abuse, you will be dealt with harsher on your next offense

This is a family oriented forum to help those that need help.

==============================

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI