This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Need help! Pop-up ads and other weird happenings on

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, My IE keeps getting redirected to ad sites and popup ads withe the name of popup.adv.net or goole keep popping up. I've looked at threads on how to solve this, but I've yet to get anywhere. I have Malwarebytes but it takes so goddamn long to do even a quick scan. Also, since this started happening, my Norton AntiVirus only scans around 64000 files on my computer on full scan when before it would do almost 500,000. How bad off am I and what can I do?
You could try System Restore. 1. Click Start. 2. Point to All Programs. 3. Point to Accessories. 4. Point to System Tools. 5. Click System Restore. 6. Follow the instructions on the wizard. See if you can find a date the the PC worked.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI