This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows Server 2003 Log On Problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

We recently had a disgruntled worker quit and when he did he removed all the system administrator rights from the users before we could remove him. We are a small company and have a standard Windows Server 2003 OS on our 200GB server. I tried to log in and it says I do not have permission to interact. We can still (thank GOD) use the server, but I cannot log onto the actual computer that the server is attached to for server maintenance. How do I recover the computer to a point from before he removed the administrative rights?

I know that he did not install any viruses, delete anything, or alter anything besides administrative rights. I just cannot figure out how to recover without actually logging onto the backup screen.

Please help!!! :unsure:

I tried to log in and it says I do not have permission to interact.

If you mean this message:
"The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively"
Then that user account is not a member of the Remote Desktop Users group on that local machine.
or possibly the Remote Desktop Users group does not have the "Allow log on through Terminal Services" right
it is also possible to deny the user that right if the user does not have the "Log On Locally" right in the servers security policy.

Tallon41

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI