Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91702 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

IE7 "cannot display the webpage" error

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 ephillips

ephillips

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:10 PM

I ran ComboFix and when I restarted the computer IE7 started working fine. I typed iexplore.exe & iexplorer.exe just to see what would come up. I still need to see why some of the windows commands aren't working right. I'll try this step before I reinstall XP: Click on Start then Run, type sfc /scannow and press Enter or click Go. If any missing or damaged files are found, they will be replaced from files on your XP CD, which it will prompt you for. If no problems are found it just exits

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 oldman960

oldman960

Forum God

• Classroom Teacher
  • 14,755 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:44 PM

HI ephillips,

If you had to use combofix to get IE to work, I suggest you hop over to the Hijackthis forum.

Go HERE, read the info and follow the instructions in this section
To prepare your computer for the help we offer, you can safely do the following before obtaining help:

Proud Graduate of the WTT Classroon
If you are happy with the help you recieved, please consider making a Donation Posted Image
Curiosity didn't kill the cat. Ignorance did, curiosity was framed.
Learn how to protect Yourself

Posted Image

Threads will be closed if no response after 5 days.