This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

How can I check who is on my network?

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just recently purchased a wireless router so multiple users can access the Internet in my house, so that leads me to wonder is there any tools that I can use that can produce a log for me on who was on my network and maybe what sites were visited. Thanks. :thumbup:
You could google your issue as there is lots there for you to read and learn. Here is a small example to assist you to find your router log.

You have got a password to access your Network I hope.

best regards,

What does the lease when we refer to the router?

I would like to answer your question above, have made bold the part I am not understanding, please clarify for me….thanks

kind regards,
Sorry, I'll make it clearer.

I use a few buttons that say "Release Lease" and "Renew Lease". It gave a starting date for a lease and when the lease expires.

Yes, I use WPA2-AES for my router.

Thanks again Tallin.

I use a few buttons that say "Release Lease" and "Renew Lease". It gave a starting date for a lease and when the lease expires.

:scratch: Are you referring to your Router? Here in Oz we buy ours, we do not lease them.

Thanks Tallin, I found the answer in the configuration settings of the router.

I would guess your problem finding the Network log is solved. Am I correct?

kind regards,
Hm, yes but this lease thing is like a setting. Not like some kind of rent.
The screenshot looks like this:
[external image: Posted Image]

Yes the router problem was resolved. Thanks Tallin.
Sorry do not know, run for a day or two, if your disconnected, then you will need to renew the lease obvious in your screenshot. My Network ……. once your there, you can stay for ever. Thanks for letting us know your initial problem is solved. Others may know, and will come by for sure. kind regards,
Yes, that answers my query. Thanks Paws and Tallin.

So, I understand that the lease would be like a temporary IP address that you obtain, and when the lease expires you obtain another IP address?
Thanks shelf life and paws.

shelf life, are you referring to the router login to the router settings or are you referring to the login to use Wi-Fi?

Yes, I have encryption enabled and password.

WPA2-PSK [AES]

I got this from the router settings page. This should be adequate enough?
Hi, shelf life was recommending that you have encryption on for your wireless signal…( and that's the WPA2-AES that you mention, so so far so good :thumbup: Next he was recommending that on your router log in page,…usually accessed via your browser on something like 192.168.0.1 that you change the password to something memorable and secure rather than leave it at the default settings (as it left the factory as these are all in the public's knowledge. ) Regards paws PS apologies to shelf life for jumping in!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI