Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.97.7
Windows XP Service Pack 2 ``````````````````````````````
Antivirus/Firewall Check:
`````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````````
Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:
`````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````````
Process Check:
objlist.exe by Laurent
`````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````````
DNS Vulnerability Check:
``````````````````````````````
GREAT! (Very random)
Scan completed in 10 seconds. `````````End of Log```````````
No it doesn't. Never seen a result like that I must admit.
And the tool was running undisturbed? You didn't browse
or anything? It should look like this:
(Different programs of course, these are from my surf machine)
No, I didn't do anything. In fact, I signed offline and closed all other programs. As soon as it started to run, I walked away from the computer until it was done.
One thing, though. When I opened the zip file, I got a message that I needed to run/install everything in the file in order for it to work right. I started doing that, for just a few seconds, then had second thoughts about it and quit, then restarted it without allowing it to install anything else.
Which one should I do? Install everything or just double click that .bat file?
No, I didn't do anything. In fact, I signed offline and closed all other programs. As soon as it started to run, I walked away from the computer until it was done.
Hmm, must be a fluke or something. Or it could mean that your
security programs are screwed at the moment…..You sure they
are running? ( ) Would be weird tho
Anyways, it was just to determine in a easy way what was running.
I'll leave you to the hands of the other tech's as this is not my field,
by far
No, I didn't do anything. In fact, I signed offline and closed all other programs. As soon as it started to run, I walked away from the computer until it was done.
Hmm, must be a fluke or something. Or it could mean that your
security programs are screwed at the moment…..You sure they
are running? ( ) Would be weird tho
Anyways, it was just to determine in a easy way what was running.
I'll leave you to the hands of the other tech's as this is not my field,
by far
Good luck with it.
Regards Abydos
Well, Avira says it's active and the "umbrella" is open in the system tray…
One thing, though. When I opened the zip file, I got a message that I needed to run/install everything in the file in order for it to work right. I started doing that, for just a few seconds, then had second thoughts about it and quit, then restarted it without allowing it to install anything else.
Which one should I do? Install everything or just double click that .bat file?
You just need to download the compressed folder.
Unzip it.
Open the folder, doubleclick the Security Check Bat.File
DOS window opens, press return key (or any other key)
And then hands off, til it displayes the notepad info.
(That info should also be located in the folder afterwards if you don't catch it)
One thing, though. When I opened the zip file, I got a message that I needed to run/install everything in the file in order for it to work right. I started doing that, for just a few seconds, then had second thoughts about it and quit, then restarted it without allowing it to install anything else.
Which one should I do? Install everything or just double click that .bat file?
You just need to download the compressed folder.
Unzip it.
Open the folder, doubleclick the Security Check Bat.File
DOS window opens, press return key (or any other key)
And then hands off, til it displayes the notepad info.
(That info should also be located in the folder afterwards if you don't catch it)
Hi Coolcat, from your previous question, it doesn't sound like you completely unzipped the package.
If you double-click a .zip file, and windows opens it and shows you the files in it, and then you double-click a file within there, it will ask you about decompressing all the files first. You DO want to decompress all the files. Possibly you prevented an important configuration file or something from decompressing that the security check needed.
Please be sure to run the product again and choose to decompress everything (or install everything as you have worded it).
For some reason I got the impression that there wasn't any SpyBot on this computer. This thread has taken so long that I no longer remember why. Please try the security check, and pending results from that I will look back through your associated threads to get an answer about Spybot.
Hi Coolcat, from your previous question, it doesn't sound like you completely unzipped the package.
If you double-click a .zip file, and windows opens it and shows you the files in it, and then you double-click a file within there, it will ask you about decompressing all the files first. You DO want to decompress all the files. Possibly you prevented an important configuration file or something from decompressing that the security check needed.
Please be sure to run the product again and choose to decompress everything (or install everything as you have worded it).
For some reason I got the impression that there wasn't any SpyBot on this computer. This thread has taken so long that I no longer remember why. Please try the security check, and pending results from that I will look back through your associated threads to get an answer about Spybot.
At one point, I did have to uninstall SpyBot when I was working in the Malware thread because it was blocking something or not allowing something I was trying to run/accomplish, from happening so I uninstalled it. It's since been reinstalled.
Well, again, I haven't looked back through this long thread and your malware thread, but I don't remember all of these different products being installed?
Is this stuff you have put on this computer since?
Go to control panel -> add/remove programs and uninstall anything Windows Live OneCare, and anything Eset.
Well, again, I haven't looked back through this long thread and your malware thread, but I don't remember all of these different products being installed?
Is this stuff you have put on this computer since?
Go to control panel -> add/remove programs and uninstall anything Windows Live OneCare, and anything Eset.
When I started on here in the Malware thread, I had to remove SpyBot S&D. Yes, I have reinstalled it.
I also uninstalled Avira and reinstalled it, per you guy's instructions.
Malwarebites has been on here for about a year.
CCleaner has been on here a couple of years.
The tech in the Malware thread had me download Spyware Blaster.
I've had Hijackthis for a couple of years. I usually do have an updated version and update everything else as well.
What do you mean by Eset?
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI