After uninstalling with add/remove programs a ran JavaRa.exe and it removed some files and then I did a search like this. [external image: Posted Image] I am lost how do I remove all of them. Can I delete them right off this list? And what is than One I have highlighted in the screen shot? As far as I know I have nothing shared.
Hi, I recommend you follow the suggestions made in my previous post….
As the problem seems to be linked to Java, I suggest you uninstall all Java , flush your Java cache,close down and restart your machine, do a disc clean up then a further close down and restart and see if the problem continues…….
Let us know how you go
The acid test here is to establish 100%, if the problems goes away when All Java is fully uninstalled…..
Regards
paws
After uninstalling with add/remove programs I ran JavaRa.exe .I am lost how do I remove all of them. Can I delete them right off this list? And what is that One I have highlighted in the screen shot? As far as I know I have nothing shared.
Hi, Yes I both looked at and read, most carefully your posts…….
If you don't wish to follow the suggestions that I make this is fine by me……but you have still not told us what happens and how your machine goes when you:
As the problem seems to be linked to Java, I suggest you uninstall all Java , flush your Java cache,close down and restart your machine, do a disc clean up then a further close down and restart and see if the problem continues…….
Let us know how you go
The acid test here is to establish 100%, if the problems goes away when All Java is fully uninstalled….. and no action has been taken to reinstall it.
Regards
paws
After uninstalling with add/remove programs I ran JavaRa.exe .I am lost how do I remove all of them. Can I delete them right off this list? And what is that One I have highlighted in the screen shot? As far as I know I have nothing shared.
Hi
The one you have highlighted, is from your browser java plugin. And by the look of
the adress, it may belong to Youtube. I.Yimg.com adress is part of Youtube I think,
and most likely it have something to do with your user settings at Youtube. Maybe
another video site…
The ones from the Prefetch cache you should just leave alone. No need to bother with
those. Its just windows prefetching info from former behavior of yours, making it quicker
to open up Java based programs / aplets / sites etc. etc. Sort of windows trying to do
fortune-telling
Service pack files you shall leave alone! Those belonging to C:\windows\servicepackfiles/i386
Anything with .TXT you can ignore.
But you shouldn't be deleting Java from your windows pathfinder / search-function.
You only need to remove anything Java in your add / remove programs.
That is, anything that contains names like:
as far as I can tell all of my Java is uninstalled and I have shut down and rebooted 3 or 4 times since uninstalling java. Is there a way to uninstall that Java plug in? IF so please I would like to.
The one you have highlighted, is from your browser java plugin. And by the look of
the adress, it may belong to Youtube. I.Yimg.com adress is part of Youtube I think,
I have disabled the plugin in both FF and IE but there is no uninstall option that I can find. I would like to fully remove plugin
It will do just to de-activate it for the time being. To remove it completly, is a whole
other issue, and not relevant for the task at hand. Browsers need those plugins
to show pages properly. What you can do, is try and update it at Adobe.com Flash-
player plugin for example. Download to desktop and re-install a new version.
hello again
#1- I have had my cursor disappearing when typing in a chat bar or address bar when I have java running.
#2- The problem happens in Firefox also with IE.
#3- Just to be clear it is my text cursor that disappears and the words that I type wile it is not there I lose.
#4- It happens ONLY when using a browser IE or FF and JAVA.
#5- I know all of my drivers are up to date I use driver detective.
#6- It never happens with note pad or word pad.
#7- I can not reproduce the problem with java uninstalled because it only happens in a web sites text window when Java is running.
#8- uninstalled Java with add/remove programs emptied Java cache and ran JavaRa.exe.
#9- The only parts of java that I have been unable to uninstall are the plugins.
#10- I have uninstalled and reinstalled Java several times trying to fix the problem.
#11- the problem started with a java load at a reboot of my browser.
#12- when the problem happens the activity bar at the bottom of the screen flashes I.yimg.com.
#13- I have the latest version of flash player 10,0,12,36 installed.
um…. what should I do I reinstall Java now?
Is most likely the culprit. I searched a bit on it, and as it seems, it is a image / video upload site
for web-pages such as Yahoo, Flickr, Youtube among others. They use it to spread out info, so they don't
overload their servers. So when it happens, you are actually opening multiple pages at once when
you visit a page that uses this upload site.
Does this cursor behavior happens every site you visit? Like here at WTT?
Could you do a little test regarding this. Open your Firefox browser, navigate to Yahoo.com.
Try type something there.
If your cursor disappears.
Go to the tools menu
click on page-info
click on the media tab
Bottom box, place a checkmark in "Block images from I.yimg.com"
Then try and see if you can re-produce the cursor behavior.
I have reinstalled java and the cursor was still disappearing. But only in yahoo games with Java running.
so did as you suggested
Go to the tools menu
click on page-info
click on the media tab
Bottom box, place a checkmark in "Block images from I.yimg.com"
and now yahoo games will not load and I have a very different looking yahoo page. so I am unable to see if I still have the problem. also my page to page time is a lot slower with yahoo search engine. pages take at least 10 seconds and they used to take 2 maybe 3 seconds never more than 5 seconds. this seams only to effect FF.
Its ok to revers the block image setting in the tools–page-info. It was a experiment to see what was going on.
And it did locate the culprit, namely the I.yimg.com
this seams only to effect FF.
As it should, because it is a setting within Firefox. But with the above quote, does that mean your IE is allright
after you installed the new Java??
first - I tried to set my page info back to the way it was it unchecked I restarted my computer (all the way off and back on) and logged back into yahoo. yahoo is still slow and the page did not go back to the way it was before I changed my page info media settings.
second- no IE is not ok after I reinstalled Java my cursor still disappears in IE and FF.
first - I tried to set my page info back to the way it was it unchecked I restarted my computer (all the way off and back on) and logged back into yahoo. yahoo is still slow and the page did not go back to the way it was before I changed my page info media settings.
Hi justime8
Hmmm, now that sounds weird…. It should revert back to your normal settings once you have re-started Firefox.
Go to Tools
Navigate to Clear Private data
Place a checkmark in Cache and Cookiesonly
Click Radio button "Clear private data now"
Then see if Yahoo haven't reverted back to former speed.
This is very confusing somehow. The problem is Java, of that there is no doubt.
But since you have uninstalled all Java, then re-installed, updated Flash-player in
place etc. It boils down to either some form of general browser setting, security
programs or faulty Java installation. I'll have to investigate this a bit further, and
maybe ask around.
Sidequestion: When you install Java, do you do it from a downloaded desktop exe. file or do you run it from the site??
To eliminate a security program having a hand in this, I would download Java exe.file to desktop. Uninstall all Java I could find
in Add / Remove programs. Make a disc cleanup (right-click drive–Properties–Generel / First tab), then reboot to safe-mode without Network and install my Java from the desktop-installer.
Regards Abydos
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI