Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Hijacked Google Search

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 malviv

malviv

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:18 AM

Hi all. I'm a newbie and sound this site (on a clean pc) whilst looking for a solution to my problem. When I do a google search the 1st 3-5 results come back with the correct sites, but hijacked links.... What is wrong and how do I sort it? I have run HJT and attached the log file. Many thanks in advance...... Mal

Attached Files

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Tallon41

Tallon41

Silver Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:Bible<br />Sci-fi <br />PC tech.

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:33 AM

Ahhh yeah, that one's going around now.....it likes to attack via a script hiding as an Audio .sys file, not truely a virus. it's been out long enough that most tools have updates for it. Update your AV and scan the windows dir. if that doesn't get it, then post your log in the Hijackthis forum. Tallon41

Edited by Tallon41, 07 January 2009 - 11:35 AM.

#3 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:52 PM

Posted Image malviv,

We do not analyse HJT logs on this forum, please follow this link for information for New Members. As the Malware Forum is very busy, if you have not had a reply in 5 days, post a gentle reminder here.

While you are waiting, have a good browse around as there is so much to read and learn.

Best regards,