This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Hijacked Google Search

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi all. I'm a newbie and sound this site (on a clean pc) whilst looking for a solution to my problem. When I do a google search the 1st 3-5 results come back with the correct sites, but hijacked links…. What is wrong and how do I sort it? I have run HJT and attached the log file. Many thanks in advance…… Mal
Ahhh yeah, that one's going around now…..it likes to attack via a script hiding as an Audio .sys file, not truely a virus. it's been out long enough that most tools have updates for it. Update your AV and scan the windows dir. if that doesn't get it, then post your log in the Hijackthis forum. Tallon41
[external image: Posted Image] malviv,

We do not analyse HJT logs on this forum, please follow this link for information for New Members. As the Malware Forum is very busy, if you have not had a reply in 5 days, post a gentle reminder here.

While you are waiting, have a good browse around as there is so much to read and learn.

Best regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI