This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Why my IE7 hangs so long

8 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi,

Hmm, you do have a fair few add-ons for IE. May be worth going through and getting rid of any you don't need/use, see if that helps at all.

There's something we need to check out.

Click Start >> Run and copy and paste the following into the popup box:
regedit.exe /e C:\upload.reg "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows"
and then hit enter.

Please submit this file:
C:\upload.reg
To this page:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/submit-mal….php?channel=72

Thanks.
When been doing good with the instructions so far. But this time you have me stunned. I'm not sure what your asking of me this time. Is this a two part request and of what exactly are you asking.
Hi,

Sorry, I'll try and make it easier to read.

Click Start >> Run

You should have a little popup box now to type in. Please copy the following text and paste it into the popup box:
regedit.exe /e C:\upload.reg "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows"
Then press Enter.

This will create a file: C:\upload.reg

Go to this webpage:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/submit-mal….php?channel=72

Please submit this file:
C:\upload.reg (browse to it)

Hope that's clearer.

Thanks.
Hi,

Let's try this.

1. Go to Start->Run and type in notepad and hit OK.

2. Then copy and paste the content of the following codebox into Notepad:

@echo off
regedit.exe /e "%userprofile%\Desktop\upload.reg" "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows"
del /Q %0

3. Save the file to your DESKTOP as "find.bat". Make sure to save it with the quotes. Once saved, the icon to click should look like this on your desktop: [external image: Posted Image]

4. Double click find.bat.

This will create a file on your Desktop called upload.reg.

Now please go to the site:
click here
and submit the file.

Thanks.
Hi - thanks.

Everything looks fine, I don't think there is any Malware involved. I recommend you start a new topic in this forum:
Browsers, Internet and email
Describe your problem and include a link to this topic.

I'm sorry for messing you around like this. The techs there will have a much better chance of fixing your problems as they aren't Malware related.

Good luck, I hope you get it fixed :thumbup:

EDIT: I have just noticed that you already have a topic there:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Waiting_http…ong_t98709.html

I have asked the Tech Helpers to have another look, hopefully they will have some new suggestions for you.
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI