This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Thanks for the help Tomk!

143 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

RunAway,

Show Hidden Files

Double-click My Computer.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Clear "Hide file extensions for known file types."
Under the "Hidden files" folder, select "Show hidden files and folders."
Clear "Hide protected operating system files."
Click Apply, and then click OK.

The other three files are here:

C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\

They are emptied when you run Combofix /u

Any other questions or issues?
Ok my friend, thanks for all the help..That should take care of me and I appreciate it more than you will ever know…Just a quick thing here, I did just like you said but couldn't find the file so I searched out the path to just the folder (because the stuff in is gone now of course) and now its like the folder isn't even there now….I know you are very busy but was just wondering how this folder could have gotten deleted,if thats in fact what happened? Thanks for all the time you have spent with me…Happy New Year!!!
RunAway,

The whole "!" folder being deleted is what we were trying to do.

I'm not sure what actually caused that folder to exist. It may have been a failed download of some sort. I don't believe you actually had all those music files on your computer.

You are very welcome!

Glad we could help.

Have a Happy New Year.

Good Luck and Be Well. :thumbup:
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI