This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Malware.Trace Trojan.Vundo Tried several solutions non

29 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

The only problem Im having at the moment is getting my DELL Bios to boot from the CDROM. Ive checked the CD to make sure it works, its fine. I must be doing something wrong in BIOS. And tips?
Usually you need to enter the bios first. Most computers you do this by tapping F2 at startup.
In bios you use your arrow keys to go to Boot
Then down arrow to Boot Priority and hit enter
Select first boot device and hit enter
Select your CD drive and hit enter

F10 to save and exit

When you boot, you will probably get a note on your screen that says something like "Hit any key to boot from CD". You will need to hit any key before it times out or your computer will try to boot from your hard drive. I think you get like 5 seconds to hit a key.
Thats where my problem is, I cant get to the "Hit any key" I have the Boot sequence set to CDROM Hard disk and floppy. And i still get the same blue screen. :pullhair: Im trying to find directions somewhere on how to configure the DELL BIOS to boot from CD.
Yes I am, and I am able to set the boot sequence to CD rom then Hard drive. But the CD wont boot, Windows still tries to load. I wish I could get screen shots…
Ztruker, a Tech Team member had an idea for you. Boot to the Recovery Console. Put the XP CD in the drive. Enter d:\i386\winnt (this assumes the CD is the D: drive)
At the command prompt type map

That should tell you which drive is your CD drive.

If it is D: then try entering:

"d:\i386\winnt"


If it is E: then it would be:

"e:\i386\winnt"

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI