Make sure there are NO blank lines before REGEDIT4
Make sure there IS one blank line at the end of the file.
Go to File > Save As
Save File name as Fix.reg
Change Save as Type to All Files and save the file to your desktop.
Close Notepad, and double-click Fix.reg on your Desktop. When it asks if you want to merge the info to the registry, hit YES/OK. Reboot the computer.
With that done, Log looks good
Time for some housekeeping
Click START then RUN
Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK
Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.
[external image: Posted Image]
The above procedure will:
Implement some cleanup procedures.
Reset System Restore.
Double click on OTMoveIt3.exe to run it.
Click on CleanUp!
When done, you will be prompted to restart your computer. Please restart your computer.
Please re-enable any security that was disabled.
Please delete any of these tools we used if they still exist:
Rooter
Gmer
Registry Search
Erunt
Fix.reg
MyFile.txt
Keep ATF and Malwarebytes'. Run them every month or so.
You expressed an interest in replacing your Anti-Virus. This link: Preventing Malware - Tools and Practices for Safe Computing will provide you with links to free AV's and firewalls along with some other information and reccomendations.
Please respond back that you understand the above and let me know if you have any questions. Otherwise, this thread will be closed Resolved.
I ran notepad.exe, then Combo but this did nothing becuase Combo no longer exists on my desktop. I ran OTMove Cleanup and was prompted to restart my system. On the restart Windows asked for a User and pass word? Which ive never had. When I alicked Shut down I get a blue screen that says
STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000022 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.
Any chance this is reparable?
Restart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine,
amount of memory, hard drives installed etc (BOOT SCREEEN).
At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Options menu.
Select the option for Last Known Good Configuration using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot.
TMPLGE,
My thought is a repair install. The Tech Team may have more helpful ideas. See if you can borrow the correct CD (XP Home SP3 if possible). I don't think you'll find SP3 but hopefully you can find SP2.
TMPLGE,
Sorry about the overlapping post.
I hope you don't have to reformat. That will erase everything. A repair install will just overwrite your OS. Give me a little time to get advice from the Tech Team to see if they have a better way.
Update: I have DL SuperAntispyware, CCleaner, ATF, ZoneAlarm firewall, MBA, Avast Anitvirus onto a flash drive incase i need to reformat. Is there anything else I shold have?
Most of my files are kept on a backup CD so i still have the most importrant things. I shold be able to DL drivers from the websites correct? If there is anywhere I can get directions for this it would be good. My only worry would be getting online.