This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Annoying Internet Adware

21 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Open GMER

Click the >>> tab

Click the Processes Tab

Click the Files Button

Navigate to this file

c:\windows\System32\clock$.dvj

Click Copy. Call it c:\windows\System32\clock$.dvj.vir and save it to your desktop



Then I need you to upload that here

Please go to UploadMalware to upload a suspicious file for analysis.
  • Enter your username from this forum in the Comments Or Further Info: box
  • Copy and paste the link to this thread in the Topic Where File Was Requested: box
  • Browse for this filename: c:\windows\System32\clock$.dvj.vir
  • In the comments, please mention that I asked you to upload this file
  • Click on Send File


Tell me how that goes
Sorry I need you to do it one more time, I think the infection is messing things up Can you upload that file to the site mediafire.com instead Then post the link to it here We are nearly done
Sorry I meant can you upload the file c:\windows\System32\clock$.dvj.vir to mediafire.com Then post that new link here I will post some security settings later for you
Got it, thanks

CLICK THIS TO LINK TO BE SURE YOU CAN VIEW HIDDEN FILES

Please go here:
The Spy Killer Forum
  • Click on "New Topic"
  • Put your name, e-mail address, and this as the title: "c:\windows\System32\clock$.dvj.vir "
  • Put a link to this topic in the description box.
  • Then next to the file box, at the bottom, click the browse button, then navigate to this file:


    • c:\windows\System32\clock$.dvj.vir

  • Click Open.
  • Post the following into the topic

    VirScan results
    http://virscan.org/report/8efc6e999da0e581…855dfb6f14.html

    The $ in the name may cause issues uploading.
  • Click Post.
Thank you!



Tell me when you have done that

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI